Protection for purchasing concert tickets through paypal, with in person pickup

anna_manyana
New Community Member

Hi all,

I am getting ready to purchase some concert tickets for over $2K.  Looks like paypal doesn't protect you unless the tickets are actually mailed to you.  Unfortunately these specific tickets are not available until the day of the show (they don't mail out ahead of time), so it needs to be an in person exchange.  I fully believe everything is legitimate, and the buyer wants a deposit to protect themselves (if I were to not show, they would not have an easy way of selling the tickets day of).  We are kind of both taking a risk.  I would be paying a deposit now, then picking the tickets up in person a month from now and paying cash for the difference.

Question is how best to protect myself just in the off chance it doesn't work out?  If I fund the deposit to the seller via credit card, even though paypal may not protect me wouldn't the credit card dispute option still be available? 

Any other better suggestions?

Thanks much for your assistance!

_Anna

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

anna_manyana,

Welcome to the boards!

You're right - you could fund the transaction through your credit card and still have the right to dispute it with your card issuer.  It's one of the most beautiful things about PayPal, really, from a buyers perspective.  You'll want to check with them ahead of time to see what sort of coverage they will offer as well. 

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.