Problem resolution failing badly

PeteS53
New Community Member

I hope someone can give me some guidance here.

I bought and paid cash for an item on ebay - the seller marked the item as paid.

I then got an email from Paypal saying they were going to debit my account. Calls to ebay and paypal customer service assured me this wouldn't happen.

I then got another email from Paypal saying they would be debiting my account so I filled in a complaint form online - unfortunately, the options for complaint did not cover Paypal fraudulently taking money! I got back a statement saying they could find no problem. They subsequently debited my account - so I have paid twice.

So I filled in another online form detailing the problem (in more detail than I have here) and this morning received a standard email back from Paypal advising me to go through the process that I went through first time!!

So I'm going round in circles.

Does anyone have a phone number or email address where I can actually get a sensible reply from an intelligent human being?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PeteS53

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top. Log in and get the code.
When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent".
In the UK its free from any landline phone.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.