Problem processing funds...?

misterblue
Contributor
Contributor

It seems as though Paypal is picking and choosing what it will let me buy.

I have two Visa gift cards which allow me to use them everywhere Visa is accepted. However, even though I double-checked to make sure I have enough money on each card to buy what I want, there is an error every time I try to buy certain items. The error page says that my payment could not be processed. I've bought other items using these cards before using Paypal and it worked just fine, but now it isn't working. This is very problematic for me because if I don't pay within a few more days, I will get negative feedback and will be charged a $2 cancellation fee. Can someone please help me? I've tried paying with my cards using my account, not using my account (though still paying through Paypal), and I don't know what to do anymore or where to turn to. I just want the seller to receive my payment so I can get my items and everyone can go home happy, but Paypal just isn't letting me pay!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

misterblue
Contributor
Contributor

I just called Paypal and they said they weren't the problem, and instructed me to call the card company. I'm actually on the phone with them as I type this and it appears that the problem has been solved. I would like to apologize for any false blame I may have placed. Just purchased the item.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

gurlypowa
Contributor
Contributor

ive had the same problems... its been like this since around July of this year. it's very frusturating, i've emailed paypal and never got an answer. i don't like using my credit card, so i rely on the instant transfers and they're not working for me either. since July i've bought maybe about 15 items off Ebay, and only 1 item has gone thru instantly. otherwise, i must transfer funds from my bank account to my paypal account, which takes 6-8 business days, since i am in Canada. 6-8 days is ridiculous, considering most auctions on ebay end before then, and i hate to bid on things until the money is already in the account. i wanted to buy something off ebay and i saw that the item was selling out quickly so i mesaged the seller about my problem, and the transfer of money from my bank to my paypal was supposed to be completed today, but it hasn't. it is so frustrating and i hope they do something about it soon.

Login to Me Too
Solved

misterblue
Contributor
Contributor

I just called Paypal and they said they weren't the problem, and instructed me to call the card company. I'm actually on the phone with them as I type this and it appears that the problem has been solved. I would like to apologize for any false blame I may have placed. Just purchased the item.

Login to Me Too

slow
New Community Member

I agree. I authorized rhe transfer of funds from my bank account to a paypal account. the money was withdrawn from the bank yet takes days to enter my paypal account. With todays modern technology, this is not acceptable. Where is the money during this time. I do not use credit cards, but because of these extremely slow transfer rates, this may be my last buying of items using this system.

Login to Me Too

GreyOwl
New Community Member
I have the same problem with a wrinkle. I have no idea who to blame. Maybe me for getting into this situation in the first place. Okay. Found a pretty god deal on a computer I need for a course I'm taking. Couldn't pay them because I had no way to get the payment to them. Opened a Paypal account. Couldn't pay for the computer because there was nothing in the account. New, remember. Even though it is linked to my bank account it is slower than snail mail to get the funds transferred. In about a week the funds will be ready to go. so far, so good. More fun. I found a better deal. Good? The new place (Best Buy) does not use Paypal. Now. I have a Paypal gift card with around $40 dollars on it. Can I get Paypal to load the gift card with the funds to pay Best Buy? Or am I along the right people?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.