Primary funding source change

mooniemoo
Contributor
Contributor

I have funds in Paypal account, but do not wish that to be my primary funding source when I purchase something; I would rather it went on my credit card.  Is this an option or can I only acheive thisby transferring all I funds out of Paypal account?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you have funds in your paypal balance paypal will always take from there first and then if not enough in your paypal account the rest from your funding source.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you have funds in your paypal balance paypal will always take from there first and then if not enough in your paypal account the rest from your funding source.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

mooniemoo
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks.    

Login to Me Too

n8761u
Contributor
Contributor

That's not an answer. How can I tell PayPal to charge my purchases to my credit card instead of my bank account?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Click on other funding sources during each payment transaction and select your c.c.

You cannot make it the default payment. Paypal always take from your paypal balance if there are any funds in it and failing that then from your bank account unless you click on other funding sources during the payment process and manually select your c.c. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Freya232
Contributor
Contributor

I don't think this is correct. I have 2 PayPal accounts, one is linked to bank account and the other isn't, but there's some money on it. When I pay from the one which is linked to bank account, my bank account is the primary funding source and my PP balance stays intact. And I can't do anything to change that - I tried everything, including contacting PP customer support. If anyone knows how to make PP balance primary funding source, please let me know because the other account I have (the one that isn't linked to bank account) has limitations. Thank you! 🙂

Login to Me Too

ikey5522
Contributor
Contributor

I need to change the debit mastercard i currently use. Why is this so hard???????????????

Login to Me Too

ikey5522
Contributor
Contributor

this is total crap tell me how change my debit mastercard or I can use amazon. it should not be this difficult.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

This is a community forum and we are volunteers,  you posted your question under 30 minutes ago so forgive me if i was watching the end of my film.

We answer polite questions....so if you want to ask a polite question you "may" get a response but not from me as you are so impatient and rude.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

sirhugo
Contributor
Contributor

well said!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.