Please help dont want to loose my money

daveouterzone
Contributor
Contributor

I have been looking at buying some new Dj Equipment and found a site online that is very cheap,infact its too cheap..

I contacted the seller via the site and he recomended bank transfer which i said no to as i couldnt guarantee my money,He has emailed me again today saying that all his payment methods are totally safe and he will accept Paypal but only send the goods when the funds have cleared.

This is fair enough but would i be covered for £1850.00 via paypal and how would i know that he has given me a genuine paypal email address or account.to send the money to.

Also even though his website looks professional there is no contact telephone number or customer reviews and the stated company address does not exist and says he is in the U.K.

I have emailed him back and called his bluff by saying i will come to the company address and collect the goods and pay cash and am waiting to hear back.

I have done google checks on his name / email address / company name and nothing flags up..

I know this sounds a no brainer really and i shouldnt bother but in the last 24 hours on ebay alone ive found 3 scams selling the same equipment all of which i have reported to ebay and they have removed..

So would i be covered for the total amount via paypal if this man/company is genuine and what do i need to look out for if he gives me a email address that is supposed to be for his paypal account..

It would be helpfull to know and i hope some-one can help

Thanks Dave

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

tezm
Contributor
Contributor

hya mate.if he uses paypal you can check his name and email..if you have his email address or you get it you

can log in to paypal say you want to send money and write his email address then paypal would tell you if hes not known with them but if he is, they will have all his details..just make out your sending money then when you find what you need just log out.i done this myself ,good luck.

Login to Me Too

daveouterzone
Contributor
Contributor

Thankyou for your reply - Just an update to let you know the person has emailed me a verified paypal email address and i checked the account and it says it was set up on the 3rd of september this is 1 day before my enquiry to him and me mentioning paying via paypal.

Will i be safe you think ?

Thanks David

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.