Pending payment

Demitrarose
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I bought something on ebay on the 25th, and they say that they're still awaiting payment from Paypal, as it is still being processed.  Paypal say it is pending until the 3rd January (today) and the money has left my account.

Does anybody know why it's taking so long?
Has this happened to anyone else?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you ONLY have a bank account linked to your paypal account and NOT a back up debit or credit card linked as well then it will always go as an echeque.

The seller will get paid when it clears which hopefully should be today if that is what it says.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Sounds as if you have paid using an echeque.

An echeque is sent when you don't have a back up debit or credit card also listed on paypal OR that card has expired and needs updating.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Demitrarose
Contributor
Contributor

That's what I don't understand, as I only recently joined and Paypal said all of my bank details were ok. 

Does that mean that the seller will get paid?

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you ONLY have a bank account linked to your paypal account and NOT a back up debit or credit card linked as well then it will always go as an echeque.

The seller will get paid when it clears which hopefully should be today if that is what it says.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Demitrarose
Contributor
Contributor

Thankyou!

Login to Me Too

RoyM
New Community Member

can i cancell a pending transaction ?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.