Paypal said credited the refund money to Credit Card but where is the money?

yuki9622002
Contributor
Contributor

I have 2 refunded money from ebay's sellers and paypal said they have credited to my credit card.  But when I checked my credit card company, I didn't get the money as paypal claimed.  Now I wonder where are my money gone to?  Can anyone from paypal help me to solve this problem?

Thanks,

susan

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the boards!

While PayPal sends the refund to your card issuer immediately, after that, it is up to the card issuer to post the credit to your statement.

Card issuers have up to 30 days to post this credit.  They choose how long they take (yes, they can actually wait on a refund like that if they want to - but most don't).

For most card companies, though, they post the refund within a few days.

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the boards!

While PayPal sends the refund to your card issuer immediately, after that, it is up to the card issuer to post the credit to your statement.

Card issuers have up to 30 days to post this credit.  They choose how long they take (yes, they can actually wait on a refund like that if they want to - but most don't).

For most card companies, though, they post the refund within a few days.

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Login to Me Too

yuki9622002
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply.  I've posted solved on my own posting after I received the money from paypal.

Thanks and regard,

yuki9622002

Login to Me Too

Mark78
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem.  However, my refund from April 1st has still not gone through.  It's a visa debit account.  Does that make a difference?  Canadian CIBC.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Type of card (Visa/MasterCard etc.) should not make a difference on the timeframe; the card issuer (specific bank etc.) does, but all credits should be posted by your card issuer within 30 days.

If it hasn't posted in thirty days, start by calling the card issuer and have them search for the amount of the credit you were supposed to receive.  If they can't locate it there, get in touch with PayPal via the "Contact Us" link and have us take a look.  If we can't find it and it looks like the card issuer accepted our credit, PayPal can issue a trace on the funds for you.

Thanks!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

supercell
New Community Member

What if I'm using a prepaid VISA gift card from RBC? Will my money still be refunded in the card?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

supercell,

Welcome to the boards!

Any time that a card is used to fund a payment - whether it is a traditional or a prepaid card - PayPal is required to refund the paymentback to the card if the transaction is later reversed, refunded, or cancelled. 

This is one of the reasons we don't recommend adding a prepaid card, as I'm sure you can imagine how difficult it would be to retrieve those funds from the card issuer if you later threw away the pre-paid card after using it up.

Thanks!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.