Paypal like to charge me 63p for every ebay purchase.....

jaws75
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal like me so much they wanted me to update my credit card as the last one expired...So i did..its says verified.

i've always used a 'pre-paid' credit card...this card company charge me 53p a pop.

Here's a breakdown of last fridays ebay purchase

3 x items total- transaction ebay            =  £9.87

Pre-paid card top up fee of £20             =   0.80p

Pre-paid transaction fees 3 x 53p        =   £1.59

Paypal   3 x 63p                                         =  £1.89

according to pre paid online statement i have    £4.72 remaining balance....

which means i spent a total of 15.28

Yes i understand my pre paid card is a blood sucking leecher but i dont need paypal to help them.

Can someone explain where i'm going wrong? Paypal never stole before. Why so naughty now? hello???Smiley Mad

Thanks

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

jaws75
Contributor
Contributor

oh no one knows the answer...bump me then

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi jaws75,

I have read your post on I not sure where your figures have come from. When you send a payment with PayPal it is always free to send. There is no charge from PayPal.

I have a feeling that it is the prepay card that you are using. You can purchase many prepay cards that can be used on PayPal however it is the card issuer that decides the fees not PayPal. I would suggest that you review the fees charged by the prepay card issuer for further information as there is no charge by PayPal to send a payment.

I hope this helps

Paula

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.