Paypal inability to cancel transaction.

shmergiel
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

Basically I have a problem with transaction, money have been debited to paypal - but unclaimed other end, on seller side says it's pending so it looks like some sort of glitch. Does anyone knows if Paypal have a way of canceing transaction or you have to wait 30 days for funds to be rewerted back on my account.

Cheers 

Greg

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

No if it was mis-spelt there would be a cancel option as no account would exist with that mis-spelt email address.

If there is not a cancel option then it means this >>> (sounds as if he is trying to sell on a personal account).

If the PayPal status is Unclaimed and there is not a Cancel button next to the transaction on the Overview page, then the payment needs to be manually claimed by the seller.

This might be because the seller is new and has to claim their first payment, or because you’ve sent them a payment using your debit/credit card and they either have to manually accept the payment, or need to upgrade their PayPal account to accept it.

Note that a seller offering PayPal on their auctions and displaying the PayPal and card logos cannot refuse to accept, or upgrade their account to accept, your debit/credit card payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

On your paypal account does it say unclaimed with or without a cancel option next to it?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

shmergiel
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Kernowlass,

no option to cancel I'm afright - I know that this is the case with misspelled seller email adresses.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

No if it was mis-spelt there would be a cancel option as no account would exist with that mis-spelt email address.

If there is not a cancel option then it means this >>> (sounds as if he is trying to sell on a personal account).

If the PayPal status is Unclaimed and there is not a Cancel button next to the transaction on the Overview page, then the payment needs to be manually claimed by the seller.

This might be because the seller is new and has to claim their first payment, or because you’ve sent them a payment using your debit/credit card and they either have to manually accept the payment, or need to upgrade their PayPal account to accept it.

Note that a seller offering PayPal on their auctions and displaying the PayPal and card logos cannot refuse to accept, or upgrade their account to accept, your debit/credit card payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

shmergiel
Contributor
Contributor

Thank You,

shame the seller is not very helpfull - I know that paypal meant to contact him in regards to this transaction but I have no update on it yet. It's been 3 days and no communication from the seller.

Cheers

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Your welcome, if it remains unclaimed then it will be released back to you at 30 days.

BUT keep an eye on it as it could be that he claims it on day 29 and does not send your item and then you may have to file a dispute for non receipt of item.

Also you could phone him > advanced search top of ebay > contact member left side of page > fill in the details and ebay will email you their telephone number.

Also if they are selling on a personal account and refuse to upgrade then report them to ebay and paypal AND leave appropriate feedback. Also tell them that they have no seller protection if that is what they are doing.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

shmergiel
Contributor
Contributor

Cheers,

wil keep an eye out, it's good to have feedback from someone with such experience. It all looks as seller is genuine looking on his feedback and transactions - a genuine paypal glitch in pleace, but the lack of comms is annoying as issue could be sorted probaly easier than that. It's just shame that sellers have such a number of ways to **bleep** buyers over and in general - help from Paypal and Ebay is not great deal. Once again - thank you, much appreciated.

Greg

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.