Paypal fees when sent from balance

MartinP
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I sent a payment in USD from my balance in USD. That balance was enough to fully covert the payment. The seller got a $4 fee on a $81 transaction. I don't understand why? Since it came from my balance, I didn't think a fee would be applied or the fee would be very low ($4 on $81... is high).

Someone can explain?

Martin

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

MartinP -

Welcome to the boards!

Fees are determined based on whether it is a commercial or a Personal payment.  It is only if it was sent as a Personal  payment that the seller might not  pay any fees - but if this is a seller, you don't want to send them a Personal payment.  For one, you can't dispute Personal payment (there is no protection for you as a buyer); then again, there is no protection for the seller either.  Also, sellers who receive Personal payments risk further limitations, restrictions, or account closure. 

In either event, you can see our full fee schedule at www.paypal.ca/fees.

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

MartinP
Contributor
Contributor

What I still don't get is that the same week I also sent money from my Paypal balance and the seller didn't get a fee. It's still unclear for me when fees apply or not.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.