Paypal balance and way of payment

gamerexq
Contributor
Contributor

So, I have 2 problems: 

1) I have enough amount money on my paypal balance, and whenever I try to buy from ANY site, literally ANY site that provides paypal, paypal ALWAYS goes and charge my debit card. There is no way for me to change it on the site I'm trying to buy, and I tried changing currencies in order to see if it'll change anything. Is there somekind of problem with my paypal or something? 

2) I recieved additional funds on my paypal account, and I've been waiting 24 hours for payments to settle down. They are STILL pending and I aren't available to use. ( this is not related to the question above, I have enough available balance to purchase on sites I want to purchase certain things ). How long does it usually take for payment to settle down? 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Conor

Hi gamerexq,

Welcome to our Community Forum Smiley Happy

It's strange you're not being given the option to pay with your PayPal balance. Is your account based in the UK? The reason I ask is that in some European countries you do not have the option to use your balance to make payments.

To answer your second query, can I ask if those payments are still pending and if you've been given a release date for them? There are many reasons why payments might be placed on hold, you see.

You might come back to me so we can discuss this further?

Conor

Login to Me Too

gamerexq
Contributor
Contributor

Regarding paypal settlement, I called the paypal support today, and they were more than happy to help me and I appreciate that very much. 

About paypal balance, I am from Bosnia and Herzegovina, could that be a reason I can't use my paypal balance? I still haven't fixed that problem. 😕 

Thanks for the reply Sir.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi gamerex

Thanks for coming back and updating us on this. 

I am afraid at the moment in Bosnia and Herzegovina you wouldn't be able to use your balance to make payments. You would need to withdraw the money from your account and make payments with your card. 

In relation to your other issue I am glad to hear that our support could help you:)

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

gamerexq
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. I'm really bummered out that paypal balance isn't supported for our country, but thanks for all the help nonetheless. 

1 more question regarding payment settlement: 

I had another personal payment sent my way, and the support via email told me that the person who sent the money should leave a somekind of note. The person left the note, but transaction is still not settled. 

Should I wait longer or?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi gamerexq,

Depending on what country your PayPal account is in there will be different holds on payments. In some countries payments will pend for up to 30 days and are automatically withdrawn to the registered funding source.

In the UK funds can be held for up to 21 days however if shipping information is provided they can be released sooner. So the timeframe can depend on the country.

I would advise to wait for the payment to clear as it should clear on its own.

I hope this helps and thanks for posting

Paula

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.