Paypal Query

cazzabella83
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, i usually use my paypal as a middleman from my bank for ebay and with no problems,

however a couple of weeks ago i ordered items from america (i am uk) and decided to pay via paypal. I ordered and they were sent on the 15th, yet paypal didn't take the money from my bank account until the 23rd (at which point another direct debit had taken funds now leaving my paypal account in arrears)

Why did paypal take so long to take the money from my bank account? when i order from ebay it's usually same or next day :0l

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

When you pay a seller it is never instant > paypal pay for you then start the process of uploading your funds to paypal from your funding source.

That can be a few hours or a few days, but they pay your seller for you instantly so you get your item more quickly. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

cazzabella83
Contributor
Contributor

ahh i see, that explains how i still got my goods despite there not being enough funds in my account!

thank you 🙂

Login to Me Too

MaverickGypsy
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone

I didn't even realise this forum existed until a moment ago, when I was looking for some help and guidance.  Can anyone help me please?

I received a letter from my bank to say that they were going to charge me £15 for not having £1.28 in my account for something that I'd actually paid for 4 days previously.  The seller has already notified me that the item is on its way from Hong Kong, but according to their page all items had to be paid instantly, which I did, and it says so on my receipt.  I don't have an overdraft facility so this would not have been 'paid' if there wasn't money in my account at the time of buying and paying for the item.  So, how does this work?  I pay, the receipt says I've paid, but paypal doesn't claim it until a few days later?  I did have my paypal and bank account linked ... was this a bad idea?  Any advice would be very welcome, thank you x   

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I can't explain it any clearer than i have above.

When you pay it is not instant. paypal CREDIT the seller the money for you so you get your item more quickly and then they start the process of uploading your funds from your funding source to paypal to as it were pay them back.

So yes you have "paid" but the funds have not left your account yet as you have used paypals credit.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.