Paypal Credit Available Credit Issue

lkwes
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all

I hope you can help me out here.  I made a purchase on paypal credit and all went well, but this morning my remaining available credit is exactly double the purchase amount I originally made. There's only one transation entry in my account (thankfully!), but the availiblity is displaying incorrectly. I left messages for paypal, but they can't be displayed, so I don't know if they're going through. Has anyone else had this issue or is it just a glitch? I don't want to have to pay twice.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

lkwes
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your reply David. Thankfully, the issue seems to have resolved itself. Just a display glitch I think.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

PayPal_DavidR

Hi there,

I see you have not had a response from any of our users to date. That sounds strange. Can you give our PayPal Credit customer service a call who can look into this for you? they can be reached on 0800 368 7155.

-David R

Login to Me Too
Solved

lkwes
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your reply David. Thankfully, the issue seems to have resolved itself. Just a display glitch I think.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi again Ikwes.

Glad to hear that you were able to get this resolved on your account.

If there is anything else that we can do to help you in future, please let us know.

David.

Login to Me Too

Curt187
Contributor
Contributor

I have and issue where mny available credit balance is £400 but wherenever I go to shop online paypal will not give me the option to use my credit balance only my debit card option is being shown. I have spoken to several agents who all cannot help but have tried 

Login to Me Too

BLIGH
New Community Member

Hi,

Same thing happened to me today, and I'm wondering since your issue occured with 400 available credit and mine with 389 if theres any significance in that coincidence.

Also I tend to shop with Asos a fair bit with reasonably large purchases sometimes in quick succession, so perhaps a hold is done while security checks are run to counter potential fraud. I've had this issue using to place an order in Germany and in that instance when it didnt go through they said that (especially initial) purchases of 300 and more are referred for adjudication- can be extremely annoying if you then wind up losing the items in your basket, or in the case of asos today, having to resort to  an alternative payment method I had no intention of using.

One last idea is that maybe through a paypal glitch transactions have been duplicated, which would necessarily lower your available credit even though ostensibly you have a higher amount available, hence paypal credit being made unavailable as a payment method as your basket exceeds the unresolved wrong credit limit.

I had duplicate transactions near the start of my Paypal credit usage, quite alarming but they were resolved in a timely fashion.

Just some thoughts, don't quote me lol!

Regards.

Login to Me Too

Amara96
I am having the same issue every time I try purchase something from eBay it doesn't come up with option to pay by paypal credit
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Amara96,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

There are certain situations where you will not have the option to use PayPal Credit. Generally this is based on a security review but there are some business categories where PayPal Credit cannot be used as a payment option, so it won’t be offered to you as a payment option during checkout.

Excluded categories include merchants selling adult content, stored value cards, and gambling. You can only use PayPal Credit for transactions in GBP.

If none of this applies I recommend getting in touch with the team directly. You will find their contact details on this page https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/paypal-virtual-credit/faq .

I hope this helps.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

grinkows
Contributor
Contributor

i have same problem!I would like get paypal credit but can not get!Why???

Login to Me Too

kookooandkaka
Contributor
Contributor
Same problem. Paypal are consistently disappointing. I need to go elsewhere...Wanted to have faith and beleive in them. But nothing left now.. 😞

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.