Payments

pp59
Contributor
Contributor
Vender said payment is pending, my account said I’ve paid. What happens now?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pp59

If its actually showing in your sellers paypal balance but pending then it sounds like the new seller hold.

You have already paid and the fact that it is pending is between the seller and paypal.

If your seller doesn't send for 21 days then you can file a dispute for non receipt of item > win > and then your sellers 'new seller hold' will go on for longer OR they may reduce their selling rights.

Normally when a buyer pays paypal credit the seller in advance and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer from the buyers funding source. However they only take that risk if a seller have passed the 'new seller hold' and have built up a reasonable selling reputation.
Until then paypal hang on to the funds so they are available if a dispute happens.

The funds are released earlier when tracking shows delivery of the item to you the buyer + 3 days.

If it was an ebay transaction then send them this link.
https://ocsnext.ebay.co.uk/ocs/sr?query=1746

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pp59

If its actually showing in your sellers paypal balance but pending then it sounds like the new seller hold.

You have already paid and the fact that it is pending is between the seller and paypal.

If your seller doesn't send for 21 days then you can file a dispute for non receipt of item > win > and then your sellers 'new seller hold' will go on for longer OR they may reduce their selling rights.

Normally when a buyer pays paypal credit the seller in advance and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer from the buyers funding source. However they only take that risk if a seller have passed the 'new seller hold' and have built up a reasonable selling reputation.
Until then paypal hang on to the funds so they are available if a dispute happens.

The funds are released earlier when tracking shows delivery of the item to you the buyer + 3 days.

If it was an ebay transaction then send them this link.
https://ocsnext.ebay.co.uk/ocs/sr?query=1746

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.