Payment marked as completed but seller claiming payment is under review?

LiaTFAR
Contributor
Contributor

Basically what keeps happening is I've brought something from an website, used paypal, the transaction has come up both times as completed on paypal and the moneys gone from my account. 

The first time, I woke up and the payment had been refunded. After emailing them, the website's customer service team said they had an enail from paypal about it being under review and they were advised to decline it so they cancelled it. Again I had no notice from paypal that it was under review, everything was marked as completed. 

This time all I've had is the order on their website being marked as in the final stages of processing for over 48 hours. When I emailed them they said paypal had put the payment under review again and that they would ring them for me, that was nearly an hour ago, no respones.

If this is the case then why isn't paypal marking the payment as on hold instead of putting it as completed and taking the funds out of my account? 

I've emailed customer service on here about it but all i got back was an automated response email about filing a dispute. I don't want to file one until I know what exactly is going on, and if I have been why I've managed to get the security check that according to the website happens randomly, twice in a row. 

I've been buying for years using paypal and never had any problems until now.

If anyone knows if all this happening is legitimately paypal or if the company is just making up an excuse, I'd be grateful for your input. 

Also I've checked the resolution centre, I have no open or closed cases and havent' had any notifications from paypal.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_lucy

Hey there LiaTFAR,

Welcome to the community.

When it comes to a payment review they only take 24hours to be resolved by PayPal. At that stage we can reverse the payment or credit it to the sellers account depending on the outcome of the review.

As the seller refunded the payment it suggests we hadn’t finished the review. Reviews can take place for many reasons. For example reviewing your account to make sure the payment was made by you or reviewing the sellers account to make sure the items are being sent etc.

Has the payment completed yet?

Login to Me Too

LiaTFAR
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

The issue has been sorted last Friday, thanks to a helpful call to paypal and several emails to the seller.
I just forgot to take this post down, apologies for that.
Thankyou for the reply though.  
Kind regards.
Leanne. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.