Payment left bank but not completed

Hayleeybee
Contributor
Contributor

So I made a payment for some perfume through ebay, and my paypal account says pending. This money has left my bank account and still has not been payed to my seller. It also states that the money has been unclaimed and that the seller is not registered. All lies! My seller is indeed registered and has never encountered this problem before. To add insult I made a payment to someone else today and it went through no problem. Any ideas how long this will take or how to fix it as this was supposed to be a gift for someone and I will need it soon!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hayleeybee

If its showing as 'unclaimed / pending' then it means the seller has made a mistake with their email address on their Ebay auction. They have either got an old one on there OR its a typo.

TELL YOUR SELLER TO DO THIS.

Go and find the transaction in your “my ebay” > click to the right where it says sell similar > don't fill in anything just scroll down to the payments section > look in the paypal box > is the email addy in there correct with no spelling mistakes? If so then it would have been wrong on your finished auctions so come back for more advice.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Hayleeybee
Contributor
Contributor

Just found out that the sellers card linked to the account had expired! So she needs to link another, not sure how long it will take to clear after that but we seem to have the problem worked out. Thanks for your reply!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hayleeybee

Not sure that is the reason as you can receive funds into your paypal balance without a card or bank account being linked.

But if you or the seller are not going to check out that email addy then nothing else i can do.

Good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.