Payment for ebay items hasnt left my paypal account

mhumhain2011
New Community Member

I recently made a purchase on ebay and paid for the items using paypal. At the time of purchase I had topped up my account with enough money to cover the purchase price, but the money is still in my paypal account, and it hasnt come out of my bank account either?! There wasnt any options as far as I could see when I was purchasing the itmes from ebay, to choose paypal, credit card, bank account etc. but on the account page on paypal it says I paid for the items via a credit card, but I dont have a credit card, just a debit card, which is linked to my paypal account! Im not sure if the money will be taken from my debit card account or will it be taken from my paypal balance, but I dont undersand why this doesnt happen immediately... and whether there'll be any charge! 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you topped up your paypal account AFTER you bought the items then paypal would not have used funds in your paypal balance.

Paypal is a U.S. company and often refer to both debit and credit cards both as credit cards. 

When you pay a seller it is never instant > paypal credit the seller for you and then start the process of uploading your funds to paypal from your funding source.

So that can be from a few hours to a few days before your payment leaves your funding source. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.