Paying with Paypal for item on Shpock

M_Kehoe
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

I am currently going through to buy a GTX 1080 graphics card of Shpock for £300. they have said that the item is in fully working condition. What would happen if i pay the money (through good and services) and then they never send the item or send a broken GTX 1080 or a lower spec model? 

Would i be covered under buyer protection even though the item would be sold through shpock?

Also they are asking that i send the money to their friends account as they dont have paypal. Would i still be covered if i sent it to their friend instead?

Cheers Matt

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

lDShiro
New Community Member

Actually I have the same question, and I asked paypal directly but the answer was not useful at all xD

My case is similar, I want to buy a consol and the seller wants to do it via paypal, and told me to send her the payment with the   ' send money to familly or friends' option but Im not sure if thats a way to do it, cause as far as Im concerned sellers need to ceate a button and register the item they are selling... So Im pretty lost too and afraid they could send me an empty box or broken device with no option to recover my money ...    (੭ ˃̣̣̥ ㅂ˂̣̣̥)੭ु

Login to Me Too

M_Kehoe
Contributor
Contributor

hi, DO NOT send it through family and friends if they are posting, if you do you will have no help if she never sends it. Im pretty sure if you want to do it you must send it as an invoice. 

Login to Me Too

Wizhunter
Contributor
Contributor

If you send it through friends and family you are not covered through paypal.

Login to Me Too

mslandon9
Contributor
Contributor

So which is the safest as there are two ways of doing this?

1. Send the seller a payment under 'Pay for Goods & Services'. There is no option here to add details on the item/condition/delivery cost etc.

or

2. Get the seller to send an invoice. Here you can ask them to add details of what you are buying i.e the same description of the goods in their Shpock advert.

Anyone? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.