Paying for a flight with PayPal funds

ENP
Contributor
Contributor

I recently booked a flight online and chose to pay using PayPal. I had sufficient funds in my PayPal account to cover the cost but yet the flight was charged directly to my credit card. PayPal states that any payments made will first be deducted from existing PayPal funds and then any additional amonts will be charged to my bank account. I specifically wanted to use up the funds I already had in my PayPal account. Why did these funds remain untouched?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the boards!

Was the payment in a different currency than the balance?  If so, that would be the cause.  PayPal won't convert funds without express permission.  To use funds from a different currency balance, you would want to convert the funds first in your Profile before lodging the order.

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the boards!

Was the payment in a different currency than the balance?  If so, that would be the cause.  PayPal won't convert funds without express permission.  To use funds from a different currency balance, you would want to convert the funds first in your Profile before lodging the order.

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

ENP
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Adrian, that was indeed the reason.

It was not immediately apparent to me because although my PayPal funds are actually in US dollars my balance was being shown in GB£ which is the currency my transaction was done in.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.