PayPal (Scammed)

Anthony91
Contributor
Contributor

So i have used my paypal to buy a $50 dominos card, it charged me $57 and im ok with it, what im not ok with is not receiving my item (waiting for over 3 days) and still have not received my item, i have tried to talk o the seller but he keeps giving **bleep** and im wondering i its possible to get a chargeback? you can see the image here: http://i.imgur.com/GYnNG6C.png

I did not receive any email with the code in it, the link to verify i bought the card doesnt work, i have email him and told him on paypal that it is bugged and he will not reply, so im here to see if its possible to chargeback. I have also bought the card with PayPal Credit which i am still paying back.

Note: I am from america and if im correct this is support for PayPal? So i hope its the right place for support.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anthony91

You are posting on the UK forum rather than the US forum but it does not make a lot of difference.

Yes you can file a dispute for non receipt of item via the "resolve a problem in the resolution centre" lower left of your paypal summary page > put in what has happened and escalate to a claim when you get that option if the seller does not send the item or refund you.

But do not close the dispute until paypal is involved (when its a claim) or when you have a cleared refund OR your item.

Remember buyer protection is not a 100% guarantee of a refund.

Good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anthony91

You are posting on the UK forum rather than the US forum but it does not make a lot of difference.

Yes you can file a dispute for non receipt of item via the "resolve a problem in the resolution centre" lower left of your paypal summary page > put in what has happened and escalate to a claim when you get that option if the seller does not send the item or refund you.

But do not close the dispute until paypal is involved (when its a claim) or when you have a cleared refund OR your item.

Remember buyer protection is not a 100% guarantee of a refund.

Good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Anthony91
Contributor
Contributor

I have already called them and filed a dispute now all i gotta do it wait, i dont know why they will try to fight it when they will lose, paypal can have yahoo check my emails (i didnt even receive email) with the card number or anything, they are just a bunch of scammers ^^

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi again Anthony91.

Thanks for the update.

I'm glad to hear that you were able to get a case filed on the payment.

Once there are any updates regarding the case, you will receive an email update from our claims team.

Please let us know how it goes.
David.

Login to Me Too

Anthony91
Contributor
Contributor

Still no updates atm, the seller has not emailed me and im sure he doesnt plan on emailing me the code for the card, so if he doesnt i will call paypal again in a few days and i will check email and paypal daily for updates, i just want my money back or the card i kinda think its bullcrap that people would scam even on paypal cause there is NO WAY they will get away with it.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jessica

Thank you for following up, Anthony91. Please try not to worry; if the seller doesn't reply and you don't receive the item purchased, you can escalate the case to a claim. 

PayPal will investigate it further and will ask the seller for more details. You can find more about Buyer Protection here

Jessica

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.