PayPal Guest Dispute A Transaction

radiatingdrain
Contributor
Contributor

How do you file a claim against a seller in the resolution centre if you paid by debit card as a PayPal "guest".

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You can still file a dispute but you have to contact customer services and they will open one for you, when you have a refund it will automatically go back to your debit card.

You will get email confirmation from paypal once refunded and it takes up to a week after that to process through to your bank account in my experience.

Customer Services.

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

radiatingdrain
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks learnhowlass. I tried the PayPal "call back" service but it's not working so I guess I'll have to top up my phone and call customer services.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

radiatingdrain
Contributor
Contributor

I haven't, No. So can PayPal on Twitter help me open up a claim against a seller as a PayPal "guest"? Thanks.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yes customer service agents are on twitter and Facebook. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

radiatingdrain
Contributor
Contributor

I see, thanks. I'll give it a go tomorrow.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.