PayPal Credit

bobo343
Contributor
Contributor

So I got PayPal credit yesterday and thought I'd try it out through a small purchase on eBay. After doing so I checked my credit balance and the amount had been taken out, so I wanted to pay the sum back there and then to see how easy it all was. Thing is my credit page just tells me "You don't have a payment due," and if I click to make a payment it says "Good news. You've already paid your balance in full," which I know I haven't because no money has gone out my bank.

So what's the deal? How do I go about paying back my credit payments? Do I have to wait until my invoice?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

Clb77
New Community Member
Hi - sorry my reply isn't an answer, but how did you make an ebay payment on the paypal credit - I can't find an option to do it?!
Login to Me Too

Bob4
New Community Member

How can I pay sellers from my Credit balance, there is only my bank accounts shown 

Login to Me Too

UKInfamous
Contributor
Contributor

Bob4, when you go through checkout, change payment method to paypal credit, you also have the choice of making this the default payment method. 

Login to Me Too

sirkipalot
Contributor
Contributor

I hope it doesn't do what it did to me. Took it from my credit card and when they blocked it. they tried to take it from my bank account. It says one thing. But It doesn't do anyhing. My balance is still exactly the same. I don't believe they are truthful about this Paypal credit. The way I see it. They will try to get the money from your bank account and credit cards first. If they cannot they will use your paypal credit facility as a back up payment. I am £300 out of pocket and have two angry bank mangers. I am totally ticked off at this. They are liars.. All this is is a 3rd back up payment if first 2 fail. Not a credit facility for you to use at will.  Good luck

Login to Me Too

aw1
New Community Member

do paypal answer any of these questions?

Login to Me Too

UKInfamous
Contributor
Contributor

Is it saying no payment due because you have not had your first monthly statement? Seem entirely possible!

Login to Me Too

Smudgester
New Community Member

Hi. I have just successfully made a purchase using Paypal credit. However, I had the same problem as you, in that when checking out on ebay, I only had the choice of my bank account or my debit card as the funding source.

I logged into Paypal and went to settings and there you are able to choose your preferred funding source when purchasing online. You can select Paypal Credit or to choose funding source at checkout. I chose to make Paypal credit my preferred funding source. For whatever reason, when I tried to checkout before changing the settings as described above, it would not let me use Paypal credit.

If you do what I have done, and force your settings to pay via credit, you can always change them back afterwards. I have just purchased a Playstation 4 via Paypal credit as I intend to take advantage of the 4 months interest free offer.

Hopefully this will become easier with time. Paypal themselves offer no answer to this question, they have clearly not thought it through. Perhaps they need to add this sort of information to their FAQ's

Hope this helps 🙂

P.S This all seemed to work better when accessing your settings from a PC. I didn't get much joy when using the Paypal app on my Android phone. Try logging into the Paypal website from a PC/Mac/Laptop etc.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that some of you have been encountering difficulties with PayPal Credit on your accounts recently.

If you are trying to edit or update the funding methods , the best option would be to follow Smudgester's steps and try updating the settings on a laptop or computer if possible.

If any of you need to contact our PayPal Credit team directly, you can contact them on 0800 368 7155 and they can assist you with any account specific queries that you may have.

We are unable to see or discuss account specific information through the community so your best option may be to try giving our Credit team a quick call.

Please let me know how it goes.
David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.