Pay after delivery

spireman1
Contributor
Contributor

Pay After Delivery is NOT my oreferred payment option and is switched off on my Paypal account. Why then have i just purchased an item on Ebay and is showing as Pay After Delivery on my Paypal account?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@spireman1

No idea why that would happen.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

spireman1
Contributor
Contributor

Reading some other threads about Pay After Delivery it seems it happens quite a lot even though the Pay After Delivery option is turned off.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@spireman1

Techie glitch I expect.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Frenches
Contributor
Contributor

I keep getting eBay items set for Pay after Delivery.  I have not got this option selected in PayPal (I've just checked yet again) yet it seems to happen regularly but not for every item.  It's almost as if some sellers have set it as an option and that carries across, but as far as I know I can't check that.

What do I have to do to stop it being set?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Frenches

Techie glitch paypal are aware of the problem, just check when you pay and use a card instead.

It has nothing to do with the merchant, PAD is between you and paypal, the merchant does not even know you are using it.

The seller still gets credited in advance as no seller would send an item before being paid, all PAD does is give you a bit longer to pay before paypal take the money from your bank account.

Paypal decides when to offer PAD or not to you.

But at the moment even if switched off it is offering it and paypal are tying to fix that.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Frenches
Contributor
Contributor

Whilst obviously fixing the problem is the ultimate solution, at least acknowledgement that there is one and it's being investigated is a good second, so thanks for that.

Paying later isn't really that much of a problem, it's the fact that you feel out of control that is.  I can live with it until it's fixed.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Frenches

Well i will acknowledge that paypal has said they are aware of the problem and are trying to fix it.

But the acknowledgement does not come from me as i have absolutely nothing to do with paypal.

This is a user to user help forum and i am just a user on here same as you, only diff is that when you have helped for a while you get to be an advisor.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.