Pay On Delivery payment question

skylark125
Contributor
Contributor

ok so I placed an online order and it went through as a pay on delivery, then I get an email from paypal to confirm.  Later I get another email to inform me of the date the payment will be made OR I can log in and pay now.

I log in and click on the item and I see a box saying 'we have already paid the seller and the payment will be taken from your bank on the date given'.

The thing is I have more than enough to cover the payment sitting in my Paypal account, so why do they have to wait and take funds from my bank account?  I was not given the option to say 'pay now' to clear the amount using my paypal funds -( unless this is where they took they temporary payment?), or to continue and 'pay now' via my bank.  This is confusing and I would like paypal to clarify please.

so

~ Q: why not take the funds immediately from my paypal balance?

~ Q: if enough funds to cover order are in my paypal account why do you have to contact my bank and withdraw funds from there? I may have enough in paypal account at time but not in bank.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@skylark125

~ Q: why not take the funds immediately from my paypal balance?

Because you chose to pay with PAD.

PAD ONLY works with a bank account as its a scheduled payment. You can't schedule from a balance in case that balance is not there when the time comes for the payment to be made.

~ Q: if enough funds to cover order are in my paypal account why do you have to contact my bank and withdraw funds from there? I may have enough in paypal account at time but not in bank.

Same answer as above. If you want to use funds in your paypal account balance then "turn off" PAD and they will be used next time.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.