Pay After Delivery currently not working? (UK)

BigAudio
Contributor
Contributor

I've been using the Pay After Delivery fairly frequently since it was introduced, it's a nice additional option to have.  However, since 28th August, although the option appears on the dropdown when I try to make a payment, I now get the error message of "This bank account (****) cannot be used at this time. Please use a different payment method from your PayPal account.".  If I try an ordinary bank transer payment using that particular bank account and NOT Pay After Delivery, it goes through fine.

I think I saw something on the Forum (but I might be mistaken) that suggests there may be a general P.A.D issue at the moment that is a few days away from being resolved, but I can't get a straight answer from anyone on the telephone or via e-mail, has anyone else heard/seen anything or currently experiencing this?

I know it's not just me - my partner had the same issue when they tried to make a purchase from their own account yesterday using P.A.D, and I've spoken to a colleague who said the same.

Login to Me Too
53 REPLIES 53

BigAudio
Contributor
Contributor

I've been using the Pay After Delivery fairly frequently since it was introduced, it's a nice additional option to have.  However, since 28th August, although the option appears on the dropdown when I try to make a payment, I now get the error message of "This bank account (****) cannot be used at this time. Please use a different payment method from your PayPal account.".  If I try an ordinary bank transer payment using that particular bank account and NOT Pay After Delivery, it goes through fine.

I think I saw something on the Forum (but I might be mistaken) that suggests there may be a general P.A.D issue at the moment that is a few days away from being resolved, but I can't get a straight answer from anyone on the telephone or via e-mail, has anyone else heard/seen anything or currently experiencing this?

I know it's not just me - my partner had the same issue when they tried to make a purchase from their own account yesterday using P.A.D, and I've spoken to a colleague who said the same.

Login to Me Too

19041968nc
Contributor
Contributor

Yes this keeps happening to me and I don't know why.

It worked perfectly fine until about a week or 2 ago.

I have contacted PayPal but get no response !

If anyone can fix this then please fix it A.S.A.P.

At this moment PayPal don't seem to be bothered and are giving no help.

Just one thing to say to PayPal.......PULL YOUR FINGER OUT AND GET IT SORTED !

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

As this is member to member help group, we are not the same as customer support.  All we can do is suggest that you contact them with your concerns.

Login to Me Too

burke-hinton
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I'm  also having problems with   Pay After Delivery and getting the error message of "This bank account (****) cannot be used at this time. Please use a different payment method from your PayPal account.".  I try an ordinary bank transer payment using that particular bank account and NOT Pay After Delivery, it goes through fine.

Login to Me Too

gladtobegrey
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I'm having the same problem. I posted another thread about this before spotting this thread.

Have emailed Paypal customer support to ask if there is a problem with Pay Later, or some other issue.  And why there was no notification of the problem if that's what it is.

I can pay quite happily with the Debit Card on the same bank account, so it isn't the account that's the problem.

Login to Me Too

BigAudio
Contributor
Contributor

I've had three different responses from PayPal Customer Services - one is that some sellers are now rejecting P.A.D payments (which makes no sense as the seller receives money from PayPal and not then PayPal collects from us 14 days later), one saying that they have no idea what's going on (great!), and one saying that it's being investigated and I will receive an e-mail within 24 hours (which was 3 days ago).

The error message that comes up is clearly misleading too, it makes you think there's a problem with your bank account and not with PayPal, so that causes stress.

Other than yourselves, I know of almost a dozen others that are getting the same message and having the same problem, and all of them are trying to buy from sellers who have accepted P.A.D in the past.

If there is a problem with the service, why can't they just admit to it?

Login to Me Too

UnoBorg
New Community Member

I agree I bought An Item & always use PAD but phoned PP after an hour gave up, & selected another action & was put straight through. They said some sellers opt out of this option, but I Don't understand as others have said as they still get their money same time! 

Other places sellers have said they can't opt out! But due to this my bank went in minus as I was waiting to pay following week as normal.... I presumed this was a default thing PP offered to us on all things bought through ebay.

Login to Me Too

bradigor
Contributor
Contributor

I too am having a problem with the 'Pay After Delivery' 

I have used this many times before without issue, yet now I get the error that others are getting. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.