Pay After Delivery currently not working? (UK)

BigAudio
Contributor
Contributor

I've been using the Pay After Delivery fairly frequently since it was introduced, it's a nice additional option to have.  However, since 28th August, although the option appears on the dropdown when I try to make a payment, I now get the error message of "This bank account (****) cannot be used at this time. Please use a different payment method from your PayPal account.".  If I try an ordinary bank transer payment using that particular bank account and NOT Pay After Delivery, it goes through fine.

I think I saw something on the Forum (but I might be mistaken) that suggests there may be a general P.A.D issue at the moment that is a few days away from being resolved, but I can't get a straight answer from anyone on the telephone or via e-mail, has anyone else heard/seen anything or currently experiencing this?

I know it's not just me - my partner had the same issue when they tried to make a purchase from their own account yesterday using P.A.D, and I've spoken to a colleague who said the same.

Login to Me Too
53 REPLIES 53

worriedperson
Contributor
Contributor

Ahh, looking via my paypal account, it says I do not have any auction accounts linked to it, so figure they are not linked anyway!

Login to Me Too

PP_MTS
Contributor
Contributor

Test post - Please ignore

Login to Me Too

revolver31
Contributor
Contributor

This is not working for me either it's been a few weeks now, i'm sick fed up of ebay and paypal this constant messing around with the sites and features.

To think of all the fees we pay and to put up with all this it's no wonder people stop using these places.

Fyi i'm not linked and it still doesn't work, all was fine up untill a few weeks ago when it wouldn't except it (pad), i changed nothing, did nothing just checked out as i always do straight to paypal, they had this issue before so that's why i unlinked my accounts since then it was fine so i left my accouts unlinked and for a month or so all was good and then a few weeks ago PAD failed again and now i have no fix as i'm currently already unlinked.

It begs the question why use this service and why pay fees for it?

Login to Me Too

gladtobegrey
Contributor
Contributor

@revolver31  You don't pay fees for PAD.

Login to Me Too

revolver31
Contributor
Contributor

What i ment was, i pay paypal fees and yet have had nothing but bother recently so i may stop using them as much, basicaly i'll avoid paypal where i can.

My pad is still not fixed btw and i have received no response from emails either.

Login to Me Too

gladtobegrey
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, slightly misunderstood you.  I understand your frustration!  

I still have no idea from PayPal why it stopped working in the first place, and even less why it seems to be working again for me now with no intervention on my part in the meantime.  I did another eBay transaction a few minutes ago, and that went though with PAD (and my eBay and PP accounts are linked).  Smiley Frustrated

PP Customer Support have been completely unhelpful, initially denying the problem exists at all, and more recently simply not responding.  I am deeply unimpressed with them.

Contrast that with their Technical Support, who acknowledged, confirmed and had corrected the problem with this forum pretty quickly.

Login to Me Too

BigAudio
Contributor
Contributor
My initial problem with pay after delivery not working appeared to be resolved, but now, everytime I try to use it, and despite pay after delivery being my preferred method of payment, I get no option to use it. When I try to change my method of payment, I now get the message about certain transactions being blocked as an antifraud measure, despite plenty of standard payments being made via my PayPal account (ie just by card or bank transfer). This new issue has been going on for about four weeks now, and customer services (ha ha) have no idea why is doing it, how to stop it, anything basically. Annoyed.
Login to Me Too

gladtobegrey
Contributor
Contributor

It gets stranger.

About a week or so ago, PAD suddenly and unexpectedly started working again for me.  My eBay and PayPal accounts are linked again, and I've made several successful PAD purchases without having to resort to @Derann's workaround.

I didn't knowingly do anything to make it happen, and PayPal "Support" were, and are still (as far as I know, I have had no further response from them on this issue), maintaining that there was and is no problem; that despite me referring them to this thread as evidence that I was not the only sufferer.

I tried to post a message here to see if anyone else had got PAD back, but then got hit by a bug in the forum software which rejected my posts with spurious HTML coding errors (despite the fact I wasn't adding any HTML at all).

I reported that to PayPal Technical Support, and they have just emailed me to say the problem (which they could reproduce) has finally been fixed (see @PP_MTS 'Test - please ignore' post 2 hours ago) ... so here goes ...

Login to Me Too

DukeAgain
Contributor
Contributor

PAD not working on Ebay for me either.been 2 weeks now(the mrs PAD has not been working even longer). The only option i get is to pay straight from my bank account, or apply for Paypal credit which is not available in the UK. Tried to contact Paypal through email and just got an automated reply.I have tried unlinking my account as described earlier in the topic but it didnt help at all.

Maybe the problem is to do with this new Paypal credit,which is only available in the US at the moment. I should not be getting the option to apply for this new credit feature if im in the UK.

Login to Me Too

ttfan1978
Contributor
Contributor

I too am having problems using the pay after delivery. Have successfully been using it for months but for the past 3-4 weeks it is no longer an option. It was very handy last christmas and was hoping to use it again this year.

Does anyone know if its going to be up and running again??

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.