Pay After Delivery currently not working? (UK)

BigAudio
Contributor
Contributor

I've been using the Pay After Delivery fairly frequently since it was introduced, it's a nice additional option to have.  However, since 28th August, although the option appears on the dropdown when I try to make a payment, I now get the error message of "This bank account (****) cannot be used at this time. Please use a different payment method from your PayPal account.".  If I try an ordinary bank transer payment using that particular bank account and NOT Pay After Delivery, it goes through fine.

I think I saw something on the Forum (but I might be mistaken) that suggests there may be a general P.A.D issue at the moment that is a few days away from being resolved, but I can't get a straight answer from anyone on the telephone or via e-mail, has anyone else heard/seen anything or currently experiencing this?

I know it's not just me - my partner had the same issue when they tried to make a purchase from their own account yesterday using P.A.D, and I've spoken to a colleague who said the same.

Login to Me Too
53 REPLIES 53

Pataba
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, that worked for me once but not anymore.

Login to Me Too

lnd1965
Contributor
Contributor
I did unlinked Ebay and PayPal in my profile and that didn't work. You have to do it at the checkout before you pay and that worked for me. Hope this helps.
Login to Me Too

Fireboi42

I've been having the same problem with Pay After Delivery. Just did the unlink at checkout thing and it worked - HURRAH - HOWEVER, when I went through to log into PayPal via eBay to pay, it wouldn't accept my new password (that I'd changed on PayPal about a week ago), BUT it would accept my old password.

This is even more worrying that not being able to use Pay After Delivery through linked accounts!!!! That it's still only recognising my old password??!!!! Yikes!!!

Login to Me Too

Gaia2014
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

Please can somebody advise me how I unlink the two accounts at checkout to resolve this issue which I've had for the last 2-3 weeks. Is it on the same page as Ebay checkout? I need step by step instructions lol 🙂 

Login to Me Too

Gaia2014
Contributor
Contributor

I think I fixed it following Deran's advise....thanks very much!!!! 🙂

Login to Me Too

gladtobegrey
Contributor
Contributor

I sent a (fairly heated) complaint to PayPal about the PAD problem.

This is their reply:

Thank you for contacting us in relation to Pay after Delivery. Your complaint has been reviewed by the Complaints Management department; please allow us to offer further explanation concerning your issue.

From your email we understand that you wish to know why not all payments are being send as Pay-after-Delivery payments. You state there is a bug in the Pay after Delivery feature.

First let us begin by apologising for any inadequacy or inconsistency of service you feel you have received to date. We accept that issues like yours can be very complex and we hope that by clarifying the situation and offering you the right advice we can help in explaining PayPal’s actions.

After looking into your PayPal account with the registered email address [removed] I'm delighted to see that most of your recent payments have been sent successfully as Pay-after-Delivery payments.

[name removed], Pay after Delivery is a method of payment that will only be offered for certain purchases, even if you're eligible for the Pay-after-Delivery method. When it’s available you’ll see the option on the 'Review Your Information' page during checkout. If you don’t see the Pay After Delivery option during checkout, you need to use another payment method. 

The Pay after Delivery method automatically becomes the default way for you to pay for purchases, wherever Pay after Delivery is offered.

We have looked into our system and we have determined that the Pay after Delivery method works correctly.

We would like express once again our sincere apologies regarding the inconvenience this may have caused, [name removed], and we trust that this clarifies the matter for you. 

Thank you for taking the time to contact PayPal.

Should you have any questions relating to any of the above information please send us an email by replying to this mail without changing the subject line.

Yours sincerely,

Arthur de Kooninck
Complaints Management 
PayPal

Apparently, it's all working fine.

Unbelievable!!

I have sent an equally heated refutation, and a link to this thread.

Login to Me Too

worriedperson
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, how do I unlink the accounts at checkout. I am at the "pay now" section but can't find anywhere to unlink them. I am thick!

Login to Me Too

worriedperson
Contributor
Contributor

or even the "pay with"

Login to Me Too

Derann
Contributor
Contributor

Hi worriedperson,

Sorry that you are still having problems unlinking your paypal and ebay accounts.

I posted quite a detailed method of how to do this in my post earlier in this thread entitled "Pay after delivery solved!

If you are still having problems following those instructions then perhaps this will help:-

You can disable the streamlined checkout experience while you’re on the last page in checkout at any time. Under the “Pay with” section, click Unlink accounts then select Remove your PayPal and eBay account from the options listed. Your accounts will then be unlinked, and you’ll be able to pay with PayPal just like you used to by logging in to PayPal.

Hope this helps you, please let me know if you get things working

Login to Me Too

worriedperson
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I am on checkout, review order page ? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.