Pay After Delivery currently not working? (UK)

BigAudio
Contributor
Contributor

I've been using the Pay After Delivery fairly frequently since it was introduced, it's a nice additional option to have.  However, since 28th August, although the option appears on the dropdown when I try to make a payment, I now get the error message of "This bank account (****) cannot be used at this time. Please use a different payment method from your PayPal account.".  If I try an ordinary bank transer payment using that particular bank account and NOT Pay After Delivery, it goes through fine.

I think I saw something on the Forum (but I might be mistaken) that suggests there may be a general P.A.D issue at the moment that is a few days away from being resolved, but I can't get a straight answer from anyone on the telephone or via e-mail, has anyone else heard/seen anything or currently experiencing this?

I know it's not just me - my partner had the same issue when they tried to make a purchase from their own account yesterday using P.A.D, and I've spoken to a colleague who said the same.

Login to Me Too
53 REPLIES 53

TabletandFudge
Contributor
Contributor

Skidge - Its not just you. I have been having trouble with PAD for around a fortnight now and its still ongoing. 

Login to Me Too

bluepsycho
Contributor
Contributor

i had this problem and rang paypal loads of times i finally got through to one lady who knew her job and sorted my pad out there and then and ive had no problem since it was something to do with my email address so she said why that suddenly made it go mad i dont know but when she did the email everything went ok i think it had something to do with gmail changing to gmail from googlemail she put both addresses in and now i have no problem hope you get luck soon and get the lady from paypal i managed to get

Login to Me Too

gladtobegrey
Contributor
Contributor

That makes no sense to me, nor does it apply in my case.

Neither my eBay or PayPal account are, or have ever been, associated with a googlemail or gmail account.  I do have a gmail account, but it has nothing to do with my eBay or PayPal accounts.

My eBay and PayPal accounts are linked, but that was done well before this problem kicked off, and PAD was working perfectly well until around 27th August.

Login to Me Too

Derann
Contributor
Contributor

SOLVED AT LAST!!!!

At last I have manages to sort out the problem Man Very Happy

After over an hour on live chat with Ebay customer service and them trying to blame paypal for the problem (which I knew to be untrue as pay after delivery works fine on any website that accepts paypal EXCEPT Ebay) I finally came across the solution.

Here is how it worked for me.

Simply disable the streamlined checkout process on Ebay.

To do this simply go to the checkout, under the "Pay With" section click   "Unlink accounts" (represented by a small chain icon that links your ebay account and paypal account).

This unlinks the two accounts during the checkout process, so that when you go to pay for the item in your basket you now have to log into your paypal account using the box that pops up.

As long as you have Pay after delivery chosen as your preferred option in your paypal account settings, it now works perfectly.

It works, I have just tried it and bought an item off of Ebay using pay after delivery for the first time in weeks!

Hope this helps everyone that's had the same problem as me!

Login to Me Too

gladtobegrey
Contributor
Contributor

@Derann Congratulations on your persistence!  

Being REALLY picky, that's a workaround, rather than a solution.  Clearly something has bust somewhere in the handling of linked eBay and PayPal accounts - whether the problem is in one or the other or both we don't know, and I bet neither eBay nor PP will tell us straight.

I hope eBay/PayPal will inform us if and when the bug is fixed, so that we can relink our accounts.

I won't be holding my breath.

Well done, again.

Login to Me Too

lnd1965
Contributor
Contributor

This worked for me, Just unlink your Ebay and Payapl account at check out.

Login to Me Too

gladtobegrey
Contributor
Contributor

Nope, hasn't worked for me.  Accounts unlinked, but I still get the message and have to change to using my Debit card.

Login to Me Too

gladtobegrey
Contributor
Contributor

Aha! Having re-read Derann's post, I realise that I unlinked the accounts in my profile.  That didn't work - I still got the error message.

However, unlinking the accounts at the point of checkout DID work, and I've made my first PAD payment since late August!

At least it's a workaround.  Still very unimpressed with eBay/PayPal over this. Very very unimpressed.

Thanks @Derann 

Login to Me Too

worriedperson
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, looking at the pay with section, I can't click it, can you tell me how I get further please ? 

Login to Me Too

georgie1430
Contributor
Contributor

I have just tried this and it still wont work. whish we werent given this option in the first place 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.