Pay After Delivery currently not working? (UK)

BigAudio
Contributor
Contributor

I've been using the Pay After Delivery fairly frequently since it was introduced, it's a nice additional option to have.  However, since 28th August, although the option appears on the dropdown when I try to make a payment, I now get the error message of "This bank account (****) cannot be used at this time. Please use a different payment method from your PayPal account.".  If I try an ordinary bank transer payment using that particular bank account and NOT Pay After Delivery, it goes through fine.

I think I saw something on the Forum (but I might be mistaken) that suggests there may be a general P.A.D issue at the moment that is a few days away from being resolved, but I can't get a straight answer from anyone on the telephone or via e-mail, has anyone else heard/seen anything or currently experiencing this?

I know it's not just me - my partner had the same issue when they tried to make a purchase from their own account yesterday using P.A.D, and I've spoken to a colleague who said the same.

Login to Me Too
53 REPLIES 53

Derann
Contributor
Contributor

At last this situation has come to light, I really thought I was going crazy because Paypal's customer service is an absolute joke!Man Frustrated

I have been experiencing the exact same issue as everyone else for 2 weeks now. Checking out and getting the dreaded Unable to use bank account number **** at this time" Yet using my bank account for instant payments.

I've used PAD since it began and have never had problems with any payments.

On contacting customer services I received an email 24 hrs later in broken english, trying to tell me that this issue was down to Paypal's security policy and worked like a "credit check" at a bank and that Paypal's system for rejecting payments  was a closely guarded secret. Utter rubbish!

The next day I called customer services who said they would reset some "settings" on my account and PAD should be available the following day. More utter rubbish, I'm afraid!

I called customer service the next day and was told that there currently was an issue with PAD payments and Paypal were working on it but couldn't say when this issue would be resolved. Thats 5 days ago now!

I contacted customer services yesterday via Twitter and received yet another excuse, this time I was told that because I had used PAD quite a few times over the last few weeks, paypal's system would need to "catch up" with the direct debits from my bank account and once this had happened, my PAD option would be reinstated. Obviously even more rubbish!

My partner has tried using PAD on her account too and it's not working for her either!

I was beginning to think that this was an issue between Royal Bank Of Scotland and Paypal because both my partner and I have RBS accounts but it seems to be an even more widespread problem.

Why can't Paypal admit that there are ongoing problems?

It's highly inconvenient to bid for something or buy it now on Ebay and end up playing PAD roulette at the checkout, as you could end up with a record of non payments because you were unaware that PAD was not working AFTER having bought or made a winning bid!

Sorry that so many of us are having problems but glad to know that I am not alone!Man Mad

Login to Me Too

bluepsycho
Contributor
Contributor

why cant paypal tell us whats going on with pad im having the same problem yet paypal say everything is fine obviously not

Login to Me Too

gladtobegrey
Contributor
Contributor

See this link posted in another thread about the same problem (go to the last couple of posts by GreenSeas).

At least PayPal appear to acknowleged it's a bug at last, even if they only seem to be doing so on an individual basis.  I have yet to receive any meaningful reply from them beyond the usual cut-and-paste "than you for your enquiry - these items may help you" email.

They don't, of course.

Login to Me Too

ScubaDec
New Community Member

Paypal just don't seem to care about this problem,

As other have, I have also spoken with PayPal support and been feed a load of rubbish. Resetting my account and then try it again in a couple of hours .... what a joke.

I've used this repeatedly since it was introduced, and it's a brilliant addition to the service. However, they just don't seem to want to get it working again.

If any one from PayPal who I'm sure will watch the forum could have the decency to provide an honest and true report that would be lovely.

Login to Me Too

stee317
Contributor
Contributor

the problem is a conflict between Ebay and Paypals systems..   It has to do with the Ebay faster payment booster I had customer service actaually admit this 30 mins ago they turned my booster off  and said the pay after delivery would now work

Login to Me Too

Derann
Contributor
Contributor

Hi stee317,

Which customer service turned your ebay faster payment booster off, Ebay or Paypal?

Is this a setting you can chage as a user or do you have to contact customer services?

I have suspected that this was an Ebay issue as I have purchased an item from another site and PAD worked perfectly.

If this is the solution customer services are going to be inundated with calls!Man Frustrated

Login to Me Too

gladtobegrey
Contributor
Contributor

This is a new one on me.  I cannot find any reference to it in either eBay or PayPal help (no surprise there).

Are there any other implications to turning this "booster" off?

And I'm still pretyy p****d at eBay/PayPal keeping this under their hats.

Login to Me Too

AmericanInUK
New Community Member

This is not just a problem between ebay & Paypal.  Previously I had ordered from an online coffee company where I used the pay later PayPal option.  That doesn't work any more either.

Login to Me Too

Pataba
Contributor
Contributor

I was advised to cancel the link between my Paypal and Ebay accounts, it worked once but not any more. PAD has caused me endless problems, on several occasions in the past, the option was shown as available but when I paid and confirmed, I found that the amount had been taken directly from my bank acount. Paypal admitted it was happening but couldn't resolved the issue satisfactorily. It seems to be a very hit and miss option. 

Login to Me Too

Skidge
New Community Member

Hi, I am having exacty the same problems.  Have been using pay after delivery for months now and suddenly every time I try to pay I get the message that my bank account cannot be used at this time even though it is verified and linked.  I have been in touch with Paypal by email two days ago but as yet still no reply.  Is this a general problem does anyone know.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.