PENDING PAYMENT AND UPDATING EXPIRED CARD URGENT!!!

libs2705
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I know there are many posts on this but once I bought a few items on eBay it appeared in my Paypal account as pending. After this, I realised that I had been issued a new card therefore my old card which is connected to my Paypal has expired. I have linked my new card up and confirmed it with the paypal code, but it still says my payments are pending. I have seen on a lot of posts about echeques, is there any way to cancel it or speed up the process as I have now updated my card and its quite irritating as I need the items I have bought  soon but it says the pending payment won't be ready until the 9th of August (I have been waiting since the 4th)

Thanks for your help

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

An echeque as you have found out is when your back up funding has expired so paypal wont' take the risk of crediting your seller in advance so you have to wait for the echeque to clear.

But when you do update the card it only applies to future transactions not ones already done.

You can't cancel a pending echeque but your seller can, ask them to cancel it for you and then you can pay instantly but it will take a few days for the cancelled echeque to return to your funding source.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

An echeque as you have found out is when your back up funding has expired so paypal wont' take the risk of crediting your seller in advance so you have to wait for the echeque to clear.

But when you do update the card it only applies to future transactions not ones already done.

You can't cancel a pending echeque but your seller can, ask them to cancel it for you and then you can pay instantly but it will take a few days for the cancelled echeque to return to your funding source.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

libs2705
Contributor
Contributor

thank you so much!!!!!!!! Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.