PAD

Jax995uk
Contributor
Contributor

I just purchased a pattrn on line and had to use paypal  and had the PAD - i dont know what that means, all i know is my pattern download has not been sent, will this PAD hold things up, it was only a couple of pounds grr 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

PAD does not hold anything up. The seller gets credited at once but paypal won't take your payment until the date they say.

You can turn it off if you want to have it debited instantly.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Lampynoiseboy
Contributor
Contributor

Any idea how to turn it off? I assumed I'd get an option to pay now or later with every transaction, but that appears not ot be the case. 

Can't find the option anywhere

Cheers

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

PAD.
After you make a Pay After Delivery payment, PAD automatically becomes the default way for you to pay for purchases, wherever PAD is offered.

To change the default way you pay for purchases:
1.Log into your PayPal account at www.paypal.co.uk
2.Click 'Profile' near the top of the page
3.Click ‘My money’.
4.Click ‘Update’ beside ‘bank accounts.’
5.Under 'Paying after delivery is my preferred way to pay', click 'Turn this option off'.

Otherwise, you can decide not to use PAD during the checkout flow. Click 'Change' on the Review Your Information page during checkout and select a different payment method.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Lampynoiseboy
Contributor
Contributor
Many thanks, default changed. However, if you have your accounts linked for the express checkout type, you don't get a choice to pay now or later, or not that I've found.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Thats interesting, never linked mine but equally never accepted PAD as I prefer to fund my paypal payments with a c.c. for extra security.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.