Not using my payPal balance to pay for something?

duke46
Contributor
Contributor

I leave money in PayPal for my own use and to buy things off eBay 99% of the time. Its my mad money and wife can't spend it. HAHA!

Now this happens a lot with me because I have friends that want to buy something of for me to bid for them and they deal in cash only. I buy they pay I take their money to the bank. But if I have a paypal bal of $100 and the item is $100 then I use paypal then you take my money. If it would let me choice to pay through my bank only or charge card or whatever then my $100 would still be in your account. But it looks like it want work that way? Why can't I make the choice on how to pay for an item without you automatically taking the $100 out of my balance all the time?

I would think if you operate any way like a bank then you would/could earn interest on what people have in their accounts but maybe you don't operate that way?

For me to get my $100 back into your account I have to do a bank transfer and that takes more time than it should to do it for some reason? So I have to wait till it is there to use it when I need to. Then the wife might get to it first!

Do I need two accounts with you maybe so I have better control?

Login to Me Too
76 REPLIES 76

cjpj

Hi, i have a paypal balance, but is there any way i can register a credit card, and pay with that

through paypal, leaving my paypal balance intact 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Paypal will always take from your balance if you have funds there rather than any other payment source.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

cjpj

ok thanks very much

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there cjpj,

The PayPal balance is always used as the primary funding source, you cannot by-pass this and use a card. 

@bmallos You can always withdraw the funds in your PayPal balance to your bank account before making this payment if you wish to use your company card.

Siobhán 

Login to Me Too

tomecole
Contributor
Contributor

This "Taking from PayPal balance first" is a real nightmere accounting wise.  Say I charged a client $100 and they paid with a credit card.  My account now has the $100 (less PayPal's charge).  At the end of the year this will be shown as income on the Paypal statement.  If I transfer this +/- $100 to my business bank account it will show there as $100 income too.  This makes the $100 charge look like $200 income.  I am sure it can be handled accounting wise, but it is still a monumental pain in the you-know-what.. Whan you go to buy something and it is MORE than the debit card amount  some gets taken from both sources which makes for another nightmere.  Please... Does anyone know of a better merchant Services provider that charges about the same as PayPal? Maybe Square?  Honestly, this is pretty much a "deal-breaker" for me.

Login to Me Too

alialfaisal
New Community Member

Im trying to buy 5EURO Riot Point using my paypal account. I have 6.16 EURO but it keep forcing me to pay with credit card and i have no option to pay with paypal. I have tried anyother way which is send money option to send the mony to RIOT  again paypal not showing my paypal balance under "You're paying with"  i have the only credit card option again what should i do to pay with my balance  

Login to Me Too

Dodge227
New Community Member
Why are funds being deducted from my bank balance and not from the funds I have in Paypal. Please help.... Thanks
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dodge227

Do you use pay after delivery??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bamboozled2
New Community Member

hi, recently when I buy something using Paypal, instead of taking the funds from the Paypal pot, payment is deferred for a couple of weeks and is then taken from my bank account?

I do not want this to happen, I want to take the payment out of my Paypal reserve.

How do I do I do this please?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi bamboozled2,

Welcome to our Community 🙂

Sure thing!

All you need to do to disable the Pay After Delivery feature from your account is:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click the Settings icon at the top of the page.
  3. Under 'Payment settings', beside 'Payment preferences', click Edit.
  4. Under 'Paying after delivery is my preferred way to pay', click Turn this option off

I hope this helps,

Conor

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.