Non delivery of items

Bigwull
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I,m new to all of this...but here goes,I bought 2 items from a company in France, I paid with paypal, The items were posted to me on the 6th March...then on the 9th March using the tracking number i saw that the items had been intercepted by UK Border Customs..due to incorrect invoices,..i ncontact the company, and they said they,d send the correct one,s asap...fast forward to 28th march,I received an email fro said company they said there was nothing they could do.I made a claim to paypal..for non delivery,..tHen today I received an email from Paypal saying that the company had shown paypal the correct tracking numbers and that the items were delivered,.but i have all the emails from this company showing that they admit that the customs have the goods, and there is nothing they can do...please help

Bigwull

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Jessica

Hi Bigwull,

Welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with a recent purchase.

Even though you haven't received the items, if you received a document from HM Border control telling you that the goods had been impounded, our Claims team would need to see the document in order to proceed with the case.

My best advice for you would be to give our Claims team a call on 0800 358 7911 and they can discuss this with you further.

If they can, they will appeal the case on your behalf so that we can try to give you a refund on the payment.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Jessica.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You need to contact customer services about this >>

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Bigwull
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Thanks for the reply,i did as you suggested and was able to speak to an   agent..he was very helpful and gave me a direct email ad so that i could forward all my correspondance with the seller,to paypal....furthermore, paypal had sent me 3 emails saying that as the seller had supplied them with valid tracking numbers that showed accordingly that items had been delivered ... I was able to fax them a copy of the letter i received today..from UK Border,..informing me of the seizure of the goods on the 9th March...with the reason given..Incorrect Invoice,and No customs declaration.

Bigwull

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Great news, hope you get your refund soon.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Bigwull
Contributor
Contributor

Still No Joy..its like i,m banging my head against a brick wall..Paypals last word was..they have closed the case,as the seller produced tracking numbers that proved that the items were delivered, in April ..as yet,date unknown by me..yet, i received a letter on the 24th April from HM Border Control, telling me that the goods have been impounded on the 9th March because of incorrect invoices, and the customs declaration had not been filled in..and the good will be destroyed in one month, unless the correct documentation is produced,...I contacted the seller in France...who basically told me..We,ve got the money back..its not our problem....if this is what is called Paypal Protection..well.i,m afraid i don,t want to be part of this,...my next move is to consult a solicitor, and take paypal to court,...

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Jessica

Hi Bigwull,

Welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with a recent purchase.

Even though you haven't received the items, if you received a document from HM Border control telling you that the goods had been impounded, our Claims team would need to see the document in order to proceed with the case.

My best advice for you would be to give our Claims team a call on 0800 358 7911 and they can discuss this with you further.

If they can, they will appeal the case on your behalf so that we can try to give you a refund on the payment.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Jessica.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.