Netflix payment with just Debit on paypal??? help!

Patti202821
New Community Member

As Any Canadian know , it takes a loooonggg time to get paypal , in total ive waited two weeks , just too beable to transfer 10 bucks on my account so i could sign up for the netflix ! Finally after a lonnng wait , its ready too go.

I go through my netflix and they send me off to paypal too make my payment , then bang! " enter your credit card information"  😞 i am very disapointed. i called netflix and they said they'd accept the money as its not a contract kinda thing , and insured me it would work the second time i tryed and it didnt. Is it cause my paypals only linked to my bank card?

Surely there has to be someone on here with a basic bank card account paypal , and a netflix ?

i am bummed , i really wanted too have a movie night :(:(

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

dici
New Community Member

@Patti202821 wrote:

As Any Canadian know , it takes a loooonggg time to get paypal , in total ive waited two weeks , just too beable to transfer 10 bucks on my account so i could sign up for the netflix ! Finally after a lonnng wait , its ready too go.

I go through my netflix and they send me off to paypal too make my payment , then bang! " enter your credit card information"  😞 i am very disapointed. i called netflix and they said they'd accept the money as its not a contract kinda thing , and insured me it would work the second time i tryed and it didnt. Is it cause my paypals only linked to my bank card?

Surely there has to be someone on here with a basic bank card account paypal , and a netflix ?

i am bummed , i really wanted too have a movie night :(:(

Did you get anywhere?  Canadian as well.  I set up Netflix for myself using credit card.  I am trying to set up Netflix for my son (we're already using the two household connection limit) who doesn't live here, Netflix and/or PayPal won't allow me to use the same credit card for two accounts.  That doesn't make sense at all!  My bank uses hyperWallet which links PayPal - which links to Netflix... trying to get that sorted.  It's crazy for something that seems so simple.

Login to Me Too

mrmom11
New Community Member

-canadian here as well-ive been trying to setup netflix for like 2 weeks- but everytime i go to paypal it says i need a credit card as well- but my gf got netflix thru paypal without a credit card- she said she just kept trying for like a month and finally went thru????

Login to Me Too

ChimeraAppleby
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue as you are.  My nephew pays for his Netflix using his bank account so I know it's possible.  I am trying to get PayPal user help to assist but I am getting no where...

Login to Me Too

duncman
New Community Member

u need to have a min. of $25.00 in your account it will work i phoned up paypal and they told me that now i have netflix enjoy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.