Misrepresentaion/Fraud???

jingo1
New Community Member

I recently had cause to return a faulty item which I had purchased on ebay, and paid for through PayPal, to the (business) seller and I received a full refund.

I noted that the seller had changed his ebay I.D. a number of time over the years, so I took a more close look at him and found he had a (legitimate) business registered with Companies House, here in the UK. The address registered with Companies House matched the address to which the item had been returned, only the surname was a spelled differently (though similar), but the christian name was the same.

The legitimate business was also registered with ebay, and, presumably, PayPal, and this account too had a number of I.D. changes over the years. Everything points to the seller having two I.D.`s with ebay, and probably PayPal - one legit, and the other in question as seller appears to have given, and/or, used a false name. My question is this, if the seller`s I.D. is bogus, does that mean that the `contract` we entered into would have been null and void from the outset and is he in breach of PayPal`s T&C`s, furthermore, will PayPal investigate this seller based on the content of this message which I can back-up with facts?

Regards,

J

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.