Keep getting Error code #10417(We were not able to process your payment)

awesomechairs
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to pay for a Buy It Now item on eBay, and keep getting an error saying "We were not able to process your payment." (Error code #10417). There are no errors on my Paypal page, and there is money on my debit card.

My last payment via paypal was in January 2011, and that went through fine. Nothing has changed with regards to my eBay account or my bank account.

From what I gather from Googling the problem, it's something to do with Paypal's security model saying that it doesn't like the look of the transaction. However, the eBay seller I'm trying to pay has 100% feedback, and is a verified seller, so I don't think it could be a problem on their end.

Again, there are no errors on my Paypal page, my card is verified, my eBay username and password has been added to my Paypal account, and there is enough money on my card.

Any ideas?

Login to Me Too
135 REPLIES 135

janetownsley
Contributor
Contributor

GKCY
New Community Member

Smiley Mad Another angry client, I'm trying for 2 days now to pay for the item I bought, same error every time

Looks like PayPal doesn't care!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

lala67
Contributor
Contributor

Sorted!!

My account is fine now. I just paid for an item on ebay with no problems at all ! Hooray!

Is anyone else still having problems??

Login to Me Too

Doll2885
New Community Member

Just had the same problem here, checked my account details and paypal had a card with an end date of 10/2011 and ending in four digits that match neither of my two cards.  Added the details of my actual card and have just managed to pay for the ebay item i won! Smiley Indifferent

Login to Me Too

Fasckira

Ive just had this issue now; more than enough available funds in the bank (phoned the bank and they've confirmed everything is fine), gone to pay for an item only to have it bounce back with this error message.

Im not too bothered about a potential delay in receiving the item but I imagine the seller wont be keen on waiting endlessly for this! 😞

Login to Me Too

cazbrooks
Contributor
Contributor

please add me to the list very unhappy with the service paypal have offered was working one minute and then the next day not working please sort it asap paypal

Login to Me Too

XoBkA
New Community Member

Unfortunately, I cought the same error... i have verified everything i could.... double checked my bank acc and ensured i have plenty enough money available, double checked everything online - good.

For the last 2 weeks I have been getting this "Your request could not be processed at this time" disturbing error while trying to buy from Ebay... I spent countless hours reading posts and checking my settings and it struck me. Be4re i tried to buy cellphone (around 500$), many many times - all kind of different cellphones (same model - different sellers with different prices )

from cheap (300$ to normal 500$) still - error... For the pure sake of Fun And Science - i tried to buy a cellphone protector (30$) - and it went - smoothly. but still, i can't buy a cellphone... desperate, Please help

Login to Me Too

mikrosoft
New Community Member

i bought something this evening everything went through i then bought something of ebay and i too get this error message whats going on my work is ebay so what am i supposed to do.

Login to Me Too

markypie
Contributor
Contributor

I've been having this problem now for the best part of 3 months & I'm fed up.I've now got an unpaid transaction claim from a US seller as I can not use PP to pay for Dollar transactions though I have 100% positive feedback on over 800 past items !.The annoying thing is I can use PP to buy goods from UK sellers so my card is not the issue !.PP are totally clueless or powerless to help it would seem.Wonder what WATCHDOG would make of it ?. 

Login to Me Too

lala67
Contributor
Contributor

Doesn't any one on here read the previous postings????

If ur having problems, scroll back and see my posts...................

It's most probably that the info Paypal have on file for ur credit card is totally and randomly wrong and bears no resemblance to the dates shown on ur card.  Check it out.

If all the dates are correct and match those on ur card, then it could be something to do with having accts in different currencies, if u've bought something from another country. You may need to transfer any balance to ur own currency, and then close the foreign acct.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.