Keep getting Error code #10417(We were not able to process your payment)

awesomechairs
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to pay for a Buy It Now item on eBay, and keep getting an error saying "We were not able to process your payment." (Error code #10417). There are no errors on my Paypal page, and there is money on my debit card.

My last payment via paypal was in January 2011, and that went through fine. Nothing has changed with regards to my eBay account or my bank account.

From what I gather from Googling the problem, it's something to do with Paypal's security model saying that it doesn't like the look of the transaction. However, the eBay seller I'm trying to pay has 100% feedback, and is a verified seller, so I don't think it could be a problem on their end.

Again, there are no errors on my Paypal page, my card is verified, my eBay username and password has been added to my Paypal account, and there is enough money on my card.

Any ideas?

Login to Me Too
135 REPLIES 135

eternal_aranel
New Community Member

Also not working for me

Have been trying to buy for 2 weeks now.....

Please fix

Login to Me Too

markypie
Contributor
Contributor

Three months is beyond a joke.Tried to order using PAYPAL GUEST today & now I can't even use that on Ebay !.My card is fine as I've had no trouble on Amazon whatsoever in the last few months & more than enough funds.Very unimpressed.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi Guys,

I will have this looked in to again as a lot of you seem to be still having issues.

Once I have an update I will post my response

Paula

Login to Me Too

falang
New Community Member
Add another disgruntled customer to the list. I have been trying to pay for an item from an American company selling on ebay.co.uk. On checkout it only gives the price in dollars then refuses to process the transaction. Only 5 minutes earlier I bought an item from another US based company and it went straight through. I tried paying direct using their email address but they claim they haven't received it and it shows up as unclaimed in my history. I don't know where to go from here. I am UK based but am currently in Thailand where I would take delivery. I don't know if this is why I get redirected to Paypal US but something is very wrong with paypal and it needs sorting out ASAP!
Login to Me Too

mediaxuk
New Community Member

Add one more to the list of people having problems with this.  There's spare credit on my card, it's in date and I paid successfully with it earlier this month.  I've been trying to pay a UK supplier in GBP and keep getting this error.

I might try the"Pay as Guest" route and see what happens.

Login to Me Too

no1maisy_mouse
Contributor
Contributor

add another one, me, paid for something earlier, and tried to buy a few things since, and getting error coming up, and there is definetly money there.Woman Sad

Login to Me Too

burko_uk
Contributor
Contributor

And another person with the same problem. Forced to use a payment system, and then the system doesn't work. Brilliant effort!

Login to Me Too

markypie
Contributor
Contributor

This has been going on for me for TWO MONTHS now !.I can buy from UK Ebay customers but not US or European ones so it's an issue with the Dollar & Euro.I can't even use PP GUEST on sites where I was having problems.I tried to buy a US item then I had to explain I wanted it but could not pay.My card is fine sufficient funds & account is verified.Really annoyed.Card works fine on AmazonUK too.

Login to Me Too

damon8011
New Community Member

happening for me aswelll, everything british pounds, sufficient funds in account, joke.  get it sorted people need payments and i need my products. your service is poor tbh.

Login to Me Too

lala67
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I was having the same prob too. Last night I won 2 things on ebay - no prob with the 1st payment, but the 2nd wouldn't go thro, and I got the same message and Error code 10417. I tried again this morning, but no joy. Soooo.....

I went into the money managing bit and made £ my primary currency. And deleted my USD currency acct.

Then I added another credit card to my profile and used that to pay Ebay.

When I checked their details of my original cr card, the expiry date was different to what was on my card. Although not out of date. Paypal had expiry date as 2013. Bit odd? Still valid for 2 years?

I haven't tried to pay for anything with my updated 1st credit card yet........., but if it doesn't work I'll be back on here again.

And I dont know if the currency stuff is relevant, but might be worth a try??

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.