Keep getting Error code #10417(We were not able to process your payment)

awesomechairs
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to pay for a Buy It Now item on eBay, and keep getting an error saying "We were not able to process your payment." (Error code #10417). There are no errors on my Paypal page, and there is money on my debit card.

My last payment via paypal was in January 2011, and that went through fine. Nothing has changed with regards to my eBay account or my bank account.

From what I gather from Googling the problem, it's something to do with Paypal's security model saying that it doesn't like the look of the transaction. However, the eBay seller I'm trying to pay has 100% feedback, and is a verified seller, so I don't think it could be a problem on their end.

Again, there are no errors on my Paypal page, my card is verified, my eBay username and password has been added to my Paypal account, and there is enough money on my card.

Any ideas?

Login to Me Too
135 REPLIES 135

VincentVG
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem, plenty of money in bank account and my Paypal account but can't pay through paypal. WTF is going on please? My sellers will be getting a bit worried and I don't blame them.  Has someone hacked Paypal???

Login to Me Too

VincentVG
Contributor
Contributor

Come on Paypal people, at least confirm if it's a problem at your end - which it must be!

Login to Me Too

markypie
Contributor
Contributor

I've tried ordering a dvd from several US sites using Paypal & kept getting a CARD ERROR message though there's plenty of money in my account.I decided to try & purchase a dvd from EBAY today from a UK seller & there was no problem whatsoever.Any ideas ?.

Login to Me Too

markypie
Contributor
Contributor

I only bought a disc from one of the US sellers (PLANET AXEL) in late may & so it's a recent problem.Definitely not the card if Ebay tranactions are fine.

Login to Me Too

septemberblueuk
Contributor
Contributor

I've been having the same problem for the last week.

Login to Me Too

megan1111
Contributor
Contributor

I have just started on Ebay and having the same problem as I have to pay for my goods and do not know what to do HELP

Login to Me Too

sophie__ketley
New Community Member

hi ive tried to pay by pay pal but ive lost my card nd ive updated the new one to pay pal account but its saying error ive looked on my balance on pay pal nd its saying £00 wen i know ive got £1.50 in it can anyone tell me wots going on ? plz

Login to Me Too

up4asmoke
Contributor
Contributor

Same here been trying to pay for something for 2 days. Plenty funds in the bank but still get error code is: #10417. im going to call my bank in the morning. See If they are declining it.

I had just bought two items from UK 5 min before and they went through no problem

this item is coming from Korea to UK and is priced in us dollars. Would that cause paypal to deny payment?

If so DONT! It's my money Its only £65. If a get scammed Its only £65 I can afford it so stop blocking it..

I'll take my own chances.

Login to Me Too

BunnyBoo3
Contributor
Contributor

Same story here! Bought lots of stuff then all of a sudden bought another item and got this very same message - there are no limits on my paypal account and I have enough monay in my bank to buy a house, so I don't see what the problem is other than a technical glitch?? This has been going on for 2 days now and I have tried to explain to me poor seller what is going on and she has been understanding and patient, but really - she is not going to wait forever and my patience is wearing thin as well!!! This is the second time this month that this has happened....

Login to Me Too

up4asmoke
Contributor
Contributor

PAYPAL ARE YOU NOT GOING TO ACKNOWLEDGE THERE IS A PROBLEM. I HAVE CONTACTED CUSTOMER SERVICES TWICE AND GOT A REPLY ABOUT NEW TERMS AND CONDITIONS. WTF????

I ASKED A QUESTION PLEASE ANSWER. IM GETTING VERRY IMPATENT

YOU SAY ON THE FIRST PAGE OF THIS POST THAT THE PROBLEM HAS BEEN RESOLVED AND ITS BECAUSE THE BUYER DOSENT HAVE ENOUGH FUNDS OR THE FUNDS HAVEN'T CLEARED IN BANK YET. TRUST ME I HAVE MORE THAN ENOUGH FUNDS IN MY BANK TO PAY. SO SORT IT OUT OR ACKNOWLEDGE THE PROBLEM BY REPLYING

YOR CUSTOMER SERVICES IS A FECKIN JOKE SORT IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.