Keep getting Error code #10417(We were not able to process your payment)

awesomechairs
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to pay for a Buy It Now item on eBay, and keep getting an error saying "We were not able to process your payment." (Error code #10417). There are no errors on my Paypal page, and there is money on my debit card.

My last payment via paypal was in January 2011, and that went through fine. Nothing has changed with regards to my eBay account or my bank account.

From what I gather from Googling the problem, it's something to do with Paypal's security model saying that it doesn't like the look of the transaction. However, the eBay seller I'm trying to pay has 100% feedback, and is a verified seller, so I don't think it could be a problem on their end.

Again, there are no errors on my Paypal page, my card is verified, my eBay username and password has been added to my Paypal account, and there is enough money on my card.

Any ideas?

Login to Me Too
135 REPLIES 135

Kracer44
Contributor
Contributor

I have been going trhu this for a week. Payment cleared with smart card have not been able to purchase a 100 part when i have a 200 credit on the card.  Paypal says i have 22 spending poewr when it should be a 203 dollar spending power. All it says is error 10417  Called paypal they said I have done nothing wrong they just block cards occ. 

Login to Me Too

MichaelDooley66
Contributor
Contributor
I have also had this problem. I am a uk resident banking with HSBC, I called PayPal and they told me the issue was due to me being issued a new card by my bank. I had to log into PayPal and amend the card expiry date and three digit security code, this did the trick. As cards expire every 2 or 3 years, this could be the solution for a few people. You can amend these card details quite easily via the PayPal website. Also, this is all assuming yo have only been issued a new car, ie all account numbers / card numbers on this new card are as per the old card.
Login to Me Too

vented345
Contributor
Contributor

I have a total of £103.99 for two ebay items, i have never had a problem with paypal or ebay and it's not letting me pay? my account is fine, my cards are fine what is going on? i keep getting

We were not able to process your payment at this time ??

Login to Me Too

mrsval
New Community Member

I keep getting the error page stating we are unable to process.........for goodness sake i have no issues and neither does the seller so what is going on i really need the item i bid otherwise i wouldnt have bothered. PLEASE PAYPAL SORT IT OUT

Login to Me Too

barbarabland
New Community Member

Forget about transaction and move on?? WOW HELPFUL NOT!!

Login to Me Too

heathemyalynn

HI ITS HEATHER  SO ARE YOU SAYING JUST DONT  TRY TO PAY FOR IT ANYMORE MAYBE IT A BAD DEAL SO WHAT SHOULD I DO PLEASE EMAIL  PLEASE AT PLEASE AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK I SHOULD DO PLEASE THANK YOU SO MUCH

Login to Me Too

elena_atzeni
Contributor
Contributor

I keep getting the same error, I've been try to buy an item for 2 days.
What shall I do? IT's urgent

Login to Me Too

Pillinger
Contributor
Contributor

Please Help.. Same all everyone, keep getting (Error code #10417) Got more than enough money in the bank never had this issue till now? Do I leave it and try again in a day or two or do I need to do somthing to fix/make it work? Thanks in advance.  

Login to Me Too

jingles
New Community Member

kidmerkz
New Community Member

this is exactly the same problem i need help!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.