Keep getting Error code #10417(We were not able to process your payment)

awesomechairs
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to pay for a Buy It Now item on eBay, and keep getting an error saying "We were not able to process your payment." (Error code #10417). There are no errors on my Paypal page, and there is money on my debit card.

My last payment via paypal was in January 2011, and that went through fine. Nothing has changed with regards to my eBay account or my bank account.

From what I gather from Googling the problem, it's something to do with Paypal's security model saying that it doesn't like the look of the transaction. However, the eBay seller I'm trying to pay has 100% feedback, and is a verified seller, so I don't think it could be a problem on their end.

Again, there are no errors on my Paypal page, my card is verified, my eBay username and password has been added to my Paypal account, and there is enough money on my card.

Any ideas?

Login to Me Too
135 REPLIES 135

raisaquaglio

I'm having the same problem, and I never had any trouble using this Visa card before (I used it to pay for everything I ever bought on eBay). Now, I'm afraid I'll be marked with an unpaid item.

Login to Me Too

quuboid

I got this error and here's how I got it working again (not sure which part works but this was all the steps I did)

First I used a different browser: Firefox browser, it was initially Safari.

Then I edited the credit card info in Paypal, although the everything was correct, I clicked on the Edit button anyway. I had to re-key in the CSV numbers.

After I saved it and the changes were successful, retried the Ebay purchase and it was working again. Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

quuboid

Oh yes I forgot to mention my Paypal account is always zero US dollars, before and after it worked. So seems like the amount in the account does not make any difference?

Login to Me Too

itsthatnathan
Contributor
Contributor

I just got this error too. 😕

Login to Me Too

Lilismum-Rhi
New Community Member

I've got this error today I know there is money in my account and I'm using google chrome too so going to try and use IE and see if it works. 

Well it didn't work back to the drawing board then. 

Login to Me Too

mandrill
New Community Member

I get this error fairly frequently and often on the same online shop. No explanation and it probably works the next time I use the shop. Very annoying and I don't like the general nature of the error (i.e. aboslutely no explanation). It is like when get a software error code were the explanation is "Software error".

Not customer friendly in the least. And it makes using Paypal which before this I used because it was easy, less useful.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.