Item not Receive

hijan
Contributor
Contributor

hi.

i bought a phone in ebay and pay it directly using paypal not through ebay last week. Unfortunately,  until now i havent receive my phone yet. i have tried to contact the seller using ebay and send her messages but she didnt reply until now. 

what do i do to get my full refund.

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

minty1
Advisor
Advisor
Hi hijan Since it was outside of ebay open an item not received dispute in ppal resolution centre.
Login to Me Too

hijan
Contributor
Contributor

so, does paypal will do full refund for my payment?

thank you

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor
You should be refunded in the dispute if the seller cannot prove the item has been delivered and you paid using the goods option
Login to Me Too

nuvaslacker
Contributor
Contributor

I suspect that I was the victim of the same fraudulent seller (woman selling mobile phone).

Unfortunately PayPal will not open a dispute as the dispute screen shows:

"We're sorry, but this transaction cannot be disputed because it is not a purchase of goods or services. Please contact the recipient directly."

Surely there should be a warning that only transactions from certain sellers are protected and some way of warning others about con artists?

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor
You must have sent it as a gift payment then as gift payments can't be disputed? Always pay for goods never a gift in case you need to dispute it. If it's an ebay item can u leave feedback?
Login to Me Too

nuvaslacker
Contributor
Contributor

Thankyou for your reply.

As I only use PayPal for buying things, I wasn't aware of the difference between sending money and paying an invoice.

In future I will only pay if invoiced via PayPal.

I rang PayPal who were very helpful, but could only suggest I claimed back on my direct debit instruction to my bank; unfortunately, most of the money was paid out of a refund in my PayPal account, not from a direct debit so I'm back where I started.

An expensive lesson in caveat emptor.

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor
Sorry to hear that but u won't make the same mistake again. U can always pay by invoice or pay using the goods tab that way you have buyers protection for tangible items
Login to Me Too

hijan
Contributor
Contributor

hi

how do i know that i paid it as a good or a gift?

thank you

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor
Did u pay the invoice sent or pay straight to their ppal email address?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.