Instant Transfer problem?

Jolkster
Contributor
Contributor

I know there are a lot of boards on problems with instant transfer, but I couldn't seem to find the answer I was looking for, so:

I play on a certain gaming site, where you can spend real money at get bonus items, etc.

PayPal usually lets me use instant transfer to make these transactions, but sometimes it won't.
I'm wondering why at certain times I can use it, but at other times it decides it's unsafe, even though I've purchased from them before, quite a few times.

It gets rather annoying when it won't let me purchase something I would like now, but have to use an echeck or drive down to pick up a mastercard, which usually comes to more than the card itself.  (Eg. $50 Mastercard comes to $55.68)
Whereas if I was able to use my instant transfer I wouldn't have to pay the extra.

Is there a way to fix this?
Such as contacting PayPal and asking them to allow this certain site?
Or another way?

Thank you in advance!

Login to Me Too
107 REPLIES 107

Hlupton
Contributor
Contributor

I've been having the same problem, I was trying to pay for subscription on Jagex.com and the "Instant Transfer" Option was unclickable, what's happening? Don't they think Canadians are allowed to do that? o_o

Login to Me Too

Deweyoxberg
Contributor
Contributor

From Facebook:

• Hi Michael, we appreciate your concern and we’re glad to see that you are being proactive to report possible issues to us. We have reviewed the reports you provided. In each case, this was being caused by our security system or an expired (or about to expire) credit card. I can assure you that the Instant Transfer option is not being blocked for all of our Canadian customers. Thanks again!2 hours ago ·

Login to Me Too

Deweyoxberg
Contributor
Contributor

Hello fellow PayPal-ians,

Are you Canadian and frustrated that you're not able to use Instant Transfer lately? I am too, and I'm doing something about it!

I'm not a staff member or administrator, but like you I am one upset customer and I am making my concern visible. What's your story? Are you having the same problem? What have you been told by customer support?

Check out the Facebook thread on the issue under the group "PayPal Canada", with the subject: Canadian Instant Transfers Denied; PayPal refuses comment!

From these very forums, common replies include:

- It's a security problem

- It's a merchant problem

- It's a credit card problem

- It's a program problem (and will be "reset" in XX-YY hours)

I don't know about the rest of you, but I reject these explanations due to the sheer number of comments I've seen on this same issue.

Let's hear you loud and proud, Canadians!

Login to Me Too

julsnews
Contributor
Contributor

I attempted to join discussion board on facebook in regards to this issue IT HAS BEEN REMOVED..So I do what I can and call the better Business bureau my MLA and look for alternatives with actual customer service in mind

Login to Me Too

ohiko10
New Community Member

When I buy e bay items and pay through pay pal with an instant money transfer, but the last time it told me I had to use this e-check thing and it takes 6-8 days to process is this a new thing? How can I get back to using instant transfer? thanks you

Login to Me Too

Danjos
New Community Member
Whats the latest paypal? This issue is still obviously gone unaddressed. It won't even let me make a transfer to a personal friend with instant transfer. How do people get on your "list" of "safe" buyers/sellers/transfer recipients? We don't need additional protection in regard to your oppinion of who we are wiring money to, that's what all that verification hoopla was about. Let us Instant transfer again!
Login to Me Too

Deweyoxberg
Contributor
Contributor

Hello fellow PayPal-ians,

Are you Canadian and frustrated that you're not able to use Instant Transfer lately? I am too, and I'm doing something about it!

I'm not a staff member or administrator, but like you I am one upset customer and I am making my concern visible. What's your story? Are you having the same problem? What have you been told by customer support?

Check out the Facebook thread on the issue under the group "PayPal Canada", with the subject: Canadian Instant Transfers Denied; PayPal refuses comment!

From these very forums, common replies include:

- It's a security problem

- It's a merchant problem

- It's a credit card problem

- It's a program problem (and will be "reset" in XX-YY hours)

I don't know about the rest of you, but I reject these explanations due to the sheer number of comments I've seen on this same issue.

Let's hear you loud and proud, Canadians!

Login to Me Too

Busy_Buyer4123
Contributor
Contributor

I too have been taking for a ride by paypal with the no instant transfer and I too am Canadian. First they said that the credit card used on my paypal account has expired which it hasn't. I thought I was the only one with this problem but it turns out there are many more angry Canadians who share my pain. With echeck being my only option (taking 1 business week of processing) paypal is now useless to me. Some sellers were kind enough to have my items shipped before the echeck cleared but most are not so generous and i undestand that. What is going on paypal

Login to Me Too

Deweyoxberg
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for sharing your story, Busy_Buyer4123.

I haven't heard any updates either since the first posting either here on the community forums or PayPal Canada's Facebook page. While they were quick to try and explain away the issue, silence has become the expected result when I started to fight back.

I'm hoping to hear from other customers just like you and light a fire under PayPal's feet to look into the issue.

Login to Me Too

Suelle613
Contributor
Contributor

I also have not been able to make Instant transfers with Pay Pal.  It indicates that I don't have a valid credit card which I have and there is always money in my bank account to cover the amount to be transferred. How do we rectify this problem. It worked up to four months ago.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.