Instant Transfer problem?

Jolkster
Contributor
Contributor

I know there are a lot of boards on problems with instant transfer, but I couldn't seem to find the answer I was looking for, so:

I play on a certain gaming site, where you can spend real money at get bonus items, etc.

PayPal usually lets me use instant transfer to make these transactions, but sometimes it won't.
I'm wondering why at certain times I can use it, but at other times it decides it's unsafe, even though I've purchased from them before, quite a few times.

It gets rather annoying when it won't let me purchase something I would like now, but have to use an echeck or drive down to pick up a mastercard, which usually comes to more than the card itself.  (Eg. $50 Mastercard comes to $55.68)
Whereas if I was able to use my instant transfer I wouldn't have to pay the extra.

Is there a way to fix this?
Such as contacting PayPal and asking them to allow this certain site?
Or another way?

Thank you in advance!

Login to Me Too
107 REPLIES 107

canuckfan
New Community Member

I am a verified paypal customer with an active verified credit card on file. I made a purchase through ebay and went to pay with paypal and had to send an echeck, as I didn't want to use my credit card.

Why was I unable to send an instant payment?

2 days later I made another purchase and used an instant payment through paypal, yet my first echeck is still pending even though the money has been taken out of my bank account. Why is this.

When I click on my echeck transaction in my paypal account  it says to send payments faster, update an expired credit card or add a credit card. I have 1 credit card on file and it is NOT expired.

Why is this happening?

Thanks,

Mike

Login to Me Too

PARANOID365
Contributor
Contributor

This exact thing happened 2 me, and the reason was, because it depends on the Country you are buying the item from. Paypal has a list of, "high risk", Countries, and if you try 2 purchase from said Countries, Paypal will not let you use, "instant transfer", so that they, "supposedly", can protect you and your transaction, (from the big bad wolf I guess, lol). They will also do this on item's that are even in your very own Country, if the item, or items, are high priced items, (ex: $2000, or $3000 dollar items, etc.)

I hope this helps Robot Happy

Login to Me Too

kwmontreal
Contributor
Contributor

Well I do not buy the high risk country bit. I am in Canada, just bought a sleeping bag and HAD to use an check as no other options were available. I have a perfect ratting over the last 10 years and have even purchased a car, tractor and 360 other items without incident. Why all of a sudden can I not pay with an instant transfer??? Its worked well for me up to know for well over 360 transactions!! I wish Ebay/PayPal would stop making blanket  changes. It hurts you customers!!! I've been here a long time.... And I am upset!

I hope Ebay/PayPal starts treating valued customers with the respect we deserve!! Look at my numbers and tell me there is a reason to make me and my seller wait!!!

NOT HAPPY.

Login to Me Too

Krizman
Contributor
Contributor

I am with you here. I too am unable to make an instant payment and am ticked. Echack takes too long and I am NOT going to put my credit card on here. I hate paying with credit card.

Login to Me Too

kwmontreal
Contributor
Contributor

I have my creditcard registered and I couldn't even get that option! Everything was "grayed out" but the echeck option. As previously mentioned ....10 years and although my feedback is 360+... I estimate over 500 purchases! Great customer service.  NOT!

Login to Me Too

Bubbasheeko
New Community Member

Same thing here!!  In Canada and purchase is in Canada and US.  I can no longer use instant payment!!  No impressed as I use this account for business.  Kind of frustrating I might add!

Login to Me Too

ShawnKnight
New Community Member

I have a customer saying they can only do echecks even though they have money in thier paypal account.  I (the seller) am in Canada, unsure where the customer is.   Hope other's aren't having this problem because I'm losing money if so.

Login to Me Too

Druegan
New Community Member

I am new to paypal and have used it about ten times to buy things and now I am unable to because it wants credit card info. I do not have a credit card that is why I use paypal. So why is this and why cant I get a proper answer to this simple question?

Login to Me Too

jima
Contributor
Contributor

I live in canada andI am having this problem also.I need instant transfer.Paypal is becoming difficult for me to use.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.