Identifying debits from bank

Fruitcake56
New Community Member

My Paypal account is usually in credit and I see exact details of the retailers I have paid on the list of transactions. I have recently had a couple of payments taken directly from my bank account. How can I find out who I paid or what they were for please? My bank account only says 'Paypal' and a reference number. Thanks. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Both transactions will be in your paypal account.

Click on history tab > find the transactions > click on the word details and you can see what you paid for.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

basslondon
New Community Member

I have debits appearing on my bank account that i cant trace through my paypal history. What now?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi basslondon,

Welcome to the Community Forum!

There could be two reasons for this:

1. Your recent transactions have been funded using a combination of your PayPal balance and your bank and as such, the figures on your statement don't reflect the total transaciton amounts you are seeing in your PayPal history

2. You have made one off payments online and it just happens that merchant is using PayPal to process the payments

If you are still have concerns, why don't you give us a quick ring by clicking 'contact us' in your account. Calls in the UK are now toll freeSmiley Happy

Let us know how you get on,

Conor

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.