I strongly feel I'm being scam

seleblan
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a HTC Desire HD from selectgsm.com, I might have been a little "happy trigger" on this purchase.

I was looking for a good deal, I though I did get one from selectgsm.com but after I made the purchase on Feb. 24, 2011, I sent them numerous email and didn't receive any return.

So I start looking on the web for some review and I found this :

http://www.retailerratings.ca/vendor.php?id=33

http://www.redflagdeals.com/deals/main.php/ratings/vendor_info/SelectGSM.com

Paypal has already charge my credit card but the transaction is still unclaimed.

I try to dispute it, I can't because the state is unclaimed.

Problem is, I finally decided to get a smartphone because I need it in my job... now...  not in two month.

I hope this matter will resolve itself within the next week, but I do not intend to wait longer to get this phone.

If the status is still unclaimed by the end of the next week, is there anyway for me to cancel this transaction?

Thanks for your help

Regards

Sebastien

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

clearcalculatio
Contributor
Contributor

I would assume that a transaction could be cancled at anytime within reason.

Patience is a virtue and if you cant wait for a while then you shouldnt shop online.

I agree that no response is not good.

Also Mr.Trigger Happy

Posting bad reviews for businesses that havent even collected payment is not fair to the buissness. just because a business has a company name dosent mean it has more than one employee. Lots of people make up a name for a legtimate home run business. The person may just be having some real life issues. If that is the case then they should have shut down business for the time being.

If you really needed a phone that bad you should have went to a dealer, not some random business you found online offering a deal.

Login to Me Too

seleblan
Contributor
Contributor

I totally agree with your point clearcalculatio (businesses being run by one person at home). I didn't leave any negative feedback yet, I'm just trying to make sure I won't be scam of 585$. Leaving a "log" into that forum regarding the latest activities about this specific transaction is just a way for me to take action upon a situation that could potentially become sour.... Thanks anyway for your comments Regards Sebastien

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

seleblan,

Welcome to the boards!

Payments can be unclaimed for a number of reasons; this is usually due to a setting on the sellers account that will require them to take certain actions to accept or deny the payment.  If that is the case, the seller will have to accept or deny the payment within the next 30 days.  If they don't, the payment will automatically be returned to you.

However, if the payment was sent to an unregistered email address, you'll have the ability to cancel the purchase much sooner.  Look for a cancel button by the transaction in your logs; if it's there, you can cancel any time you want!

In either event, I do hope this purchase works out for you, and would encourage you to reach out to the seller, especially if this payment was made recently.  Sometimes, sellers actually are in the hospital, and while I agree they should have someone taking care of the business in the event of an issue, sometimes they just don't.  After all, some of the largest sellers on eBay started out - in their garage.  Smiley Happy

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.