I paid for items on Ebay - it says it received payment and I'll get a receipt... but...

Senamian
Contributor
Contributor

The items come up as "pay now" still and I never receive a receipt. I have the right email hooked up, I got a credit card on my pay pal which has NEVER "not worked" for ebay anyways. I do have enough on the credit card, and it does get paid off. So, why won't it work? I've paid like....4 times now!!!

I really would like my items and NOT to see a lying message of "we received payment of *payment amount* and you will receive a receipt shortly". Does it have to do with pay pal, my credit card, or ebay??

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Senamian -

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry that the eBay messages aren't quite matching up.  Have you checked your PayPal History to ensure the payments are going through?  If you don't see a record of the charge there, then no payment was actually sent, and so, no receipt would be sent either. 

There could be a number of reasons why the payment may not be going through.  This could be an error with the eBay checkout (try clearing browser cache and cookies, then re-attempting) or it could be that the card is failing.  It sounds like you're very responsible with your card, and I really can't applaud that enough. 

It's possible that the card company may have some sort of a security block on the card.  You might also give them a call and see if they have a record of any declined payment attempts.  If they do, they should be able to tell you why they declined the charge and what they would need from you to be able to accept the next attempt. 

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Senamian
Contributor
Contributor

thank you for a very good answer. I'll see what happened!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Senamian -

Thank you!  I try to be as thorough as possible; as you can imagine, there's quite a bit of PayPal running around in my head! Smiley Happy

Take care,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.