How do you use paypal balance to pay for ebay?

Hi i recently recieved a refund with ebay, how do i use this balance to pay for items on ebay?

Also it says i have a balance of 39.08 is this the amount i have available to spend?

Login to Me Too
83 REPLIES 83

mitchklc
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal service has write me few time and call me but ammount at PP balance is still same like before 6 months.

i dont know whats goin on but after all of this apologies and a promises situation is same.

PLS could somebody from PP can contact me?!

REG.

Login to Me Too

mitchklc
Contributor
Contributor

well, now i ve tried to pay again but its impossible (first mesage i ve send to Pay Pal last year but after half year it looks that i m crediting Pay Pal.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Can't help with the techie problem that you have but if you need to withdraw the funds then do you have a family member or close mate that you can send the payment to using the personal payment / gift option?

If they have a bank account linked to their paypal account and have no problems withdrawing funds they could then withdraw it to their bank account and give you the cash??

Just a thought.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SamuraiSx

it's really inconvenient to not use paypal balance to pay for something you want to pay especially through eBay which is safe and prompt and trustworking. 

It's hard to adjust credit card and wait for transfer and lose money since card and paypal are charging fees, when you acctually want to pay something especially small things.

I wanted to buy watch for my friend as a present and I had 5.22$ in paypal balance, and couldn't pay since my country is restricted only to credit card or US bank, so it wanted only my credit card as a funding source.

I can;t know use my credit card due to familly problems and what now? I can't pay nor order something? then why using paypal?some sites also recquire only credit cards and not even using paypal with it.

it's really not good and paypal needs to do something about this otherwise there is no good points in using paypal as online ay to pay if you actually can't pay.

I receive funds from my sites and those funds go to my paypal balance, so what now? I can't use it all to pay at least for something I want to buy? I need to wait all month for it to be transffered for free on my credit card but now I can't use my credit card for 3 months after my familly resolve all things.. 

I really hope PayPal will pay more attention  to this otherwise it won't work.

As I searched only 2-3 countries from ALL countries registered on PayPal can ACCTUALLY use PayPal balance to pay something online. Other countries doesn't have that choice it's really suffocating and unfair.Robot Frustrated

Login to Me Too

kturkay

paypal answers this problem and sends an automatic email that is full of lie.

they cant say "we removed the payment option from payment balance because we are using that money in exchange market"

in conclusion

there is no way to pay from "paypal balance" instead of credit cards.

but you never get a response that can tell the truth.

in old years it was avaible. but they concerned and removed this functionality without telling anything.

if you post a question about this issue;

you can only take an answer "yes you can change the payment method initial source to paypal balance"

but it is just a lie.

and there is no option to change it.

and they cant tell the reason.

this thread will be closed without any answer

as you will see.

Login to Me Too

Paulm2
New Community Member

Hi

Now came in on this forum late. I have had the same issue and i think it comes down to the country you are in.

i have two accounts one in US and other in Ba..............  I have more options in the US accounts, balance, send money to friends are two of them.

Paypal has to abide with financial regulations in each country and they are all different.

Login to Me Too

TCSNinc
New Community Member

Here's what I'm pretty sure is causing the confusion...

Most in this thread are Steam users, eh?

Last year we were able to use US dollars in our accounts to pay for merchandise on Steam because

they had their products listed in USD. I think it was around the beginning or middle of last year that

Steam changed currency to the customers' respective countries.

Basically, if someone buys something from us and sends us USD to our Paypal accounts, that USD money in our account

is held, by default, for items we purchase online priced in USD.

I came here frustrated just now after making a Steam purchase that didn't deduct from my Paypal balance first and took only from credit card. Reading through this thread I caught onto what one of the mods said on the first or 2nd page.

However, I kinda remember a work around - there might be an option on Paypal's sign in screen (when Steam takes you there) to opt to use your balance first - HOWEVER - Steam will memorize your PP account and not take you to sign-in thus making the payment without ever leaving Steam's checkout screen. There's probably an option to not save our PP account in Steam settings.

Login to Me Too

ryleahy
New Community Member

It's all a scam. Paypal really messed up my month by charging my card when I had a balance. 

Login to Me Too

truthplease
Contributor
Contributor

June 2016...

If you use the one click type payment system on ebay then it doesn't seem to use paypal funds. Try adding to basket and then checkout... seems to work for me.

Login to Me Too

frencht403
Contributor
Contributor

How to use a paypal balance to pay for an item on ebay

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.