How do you use paypal balance to pay for ebay?

Hi i recently recieved a refund with ebay, how do i use this balance to pay for items on ebay?

Also it says i have a balance of 39.08 is this the amount i have available to spend?

Login to Me Too
83 REPLIES 83

bay_baobab

Thank you for the clarification, I have been struggling for hours. There aren't any information about this anywhere. I think it is best to close my 10 year old PayPal account, such a pain in the stomach everytime I try to use it.

Login to Me Too

jadeeylorren
Contributor
Contributor

dont know how this still hasnt been solved!

i have 22 pound in paypal and want to spend 12 pound on ebay i click check out and goes staight out of bank! third time my card has been charged has work before! it used to just go out of paypal staight away

have emailed paypal still no reply

Login to Me Too

delfin01
New Community Member

i do not know how i can use paypal ballance for baying items ,i have cca 6 usd on the ballance and i woud like use it 

Login to Me Too

Maiakvitsaridze
Contributor
Contributor

Maiakvitsaridze
Contributor
Contributor

crawfora

Yes, that is exactly what is happening to me!!!! Why? I don't think I have anything marked pay after delivery.

Login to Me Too

freond
Contributor
Contributor

Shhoot me!

I have $62 on my PP account. I wanted to pay for an eBay purchase, and there is no option to do that, only "Debit Card" option. OK, I wanted to withdraw the cash to the debit card account, to pay from it afterwards. It says "Card withdrawals may take 5-7 business days", and, what's more: "Fee: 5,00 $ USD". 

What?!! an 8% fee? That's an outright rip-off, guyzzz. Have to think twice about using PP again

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@freond

Firstly you are posting on the UK forum but talking in dollars.

If you are in the UK and want to use a dollar balance then you have to convert it to sterling first unless you are paying a seller in dollars.

Secondly its 2-24 hours to withdraw funds in the UK but you have to withdraw to a bank account and not a card.

Lastly its FREE to withdraw funds.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

freond
Contributor
Contributor
So, you mean I'm lying? Tell me how to attach a photo, and you'll see a screen. Probably, you are not informed in PP issues overseas. Does it matter which currency my funds are in, if I'm ripped off?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@freond

As I said you are posting on the UK forum, talking in dollars and have not said what country you are actually in.

So if you want accurate help then I suggest you actually say what country you are in OR you will get advice for a UK or US paypal user and losing the rude attitude may help as well when someone gives up their time to try and help you.

As paypal is country specific then if you don't bother to say what country you are in then we can only give general advice.

That ''general advice'' is that it is FREE to withdraw funds to a U.S or UK paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.