How do you use paypal balance to pay for ebay?

Hi i recently recieved a refund with ebay, how do i use this balance to pay for items on ebay?

Also it says i have a balance of 39.08 is this the amount i have available to spend?

Login to Me Too
83 REPLIES 83

featherpluckin
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone provided an answer for this??  I have the same problem.  I have USD and paying in USD.  I have plenty of money in my Paypal account balance but Paypal always wants to use my credit card.  If I go to change funding source, it only allows me to change my credit card. 

Can someone please inform me how to pay using my Paypal account balance??

Login to Me Too

mitchklc
Contributor
Contributor

yap, some coleagues told me that paypal automaticly made transfer once a month to bank account of user. is it true or i have to make something what i dont know 😞

Login to Me Too

ExpectPlenty
New Community Member

I have the same problem. Money available in PayPal balance, yet no option to spend it on ebay (both currencies are the same (us dollars)).

It always tries to charge my credit card although the amount of the item i'm buying is less than what i have available on account!

Nobody gave an valid answer to this and it is obviosly an issue. Any help would be appreciated.

ps

Look what avatar PayPal randomly chose for me 😄

Login to Me Too

gone-troppo
New Community Member

Same problem here - tried twice, expecting payment to be taken from my balance. Credit card was charged both times. Have investigated chargeback with card provider to get these incorrect payments back from Paypal. All I get from Paypal is form letters about security systems. Surely if their security system has a problem with a payment they should stop it completely, not charge a credit card instead of using paypal balance.

Not Happy!

Login to Me Too

mitchklc
Contributor
Contributor

well i received this mail from PayPal asistent:

"Thank you for contacting PayPal regarding your query about a refund.

I have reviewed your account and am happy to assist you today. I have looked through your account and I can see that all the refunds you have received over the past few month have been sent to your card. For example;  on December 22nd 2014 you received a refund of xy.ww qqq from zzzz(at)mmmmm which was posted to your card žš0000.

I can see that you have a current available balance of $žžžž.šš USD. Please note that when you send payments in USD we will take money from this balance to fund it.

It is my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing PayPal.

Yours sincerely,
Aidan
PayPal"

yap i know taht i have money at my PP acount but i dodnt know to whom and how note that my PP account is not empty.

if some poweruser or admin form PayPal read this pls write answer and recomendations

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Arda

Hi gone-troppo and mitchklc

If you're sending a PayPal payment, we'll always use any available money in your PayPal balance to fund the payment. If you don't have enough money in your balance, we'll try to take the money from your bank account. If you haven't added a bank account to your PayPal account, we'll try to take the money from a linked card instead.

I will love to take a look at these 2 issues and ultimately help you but to provide you a clear answer we need to look at your account activity,  may I ask you to contact us via twitter just follow AskPayPal and DM us your , Facebook PM or contact us from our website 🙂

You can contact us by email or by phone.

To contact us by email:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Contact near the bottom of the page.
  3. Click Email us and follow the on-screen instructions. (Even if you're unable to log into your PayPal account, you can still send us a question. Under 'Unable to log in?' click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions).

Thanks 

Arda 

Login to Me Too

mitchklc
Contributor
Contributor

thnx Arda 4 help

already i have tried to pay again but its only possible to pay from credit card only. i can send to you screenshot as a proof

i hope we ll finaly solve the question

regards

Login to Me Too

featherpluckin
Contributor
Contributor

The answer always seems to be that Paypal takes money first from the account balance, but that is the problem that it doesn't. 

I contacted Paypal twice by phone and they claimed they could fix it but it never was fixed.  First, they said they would reset something and that didn't work.  Then I called again and they said it may be a security problem because I am accessing the site from Japan and my account originally started in America and the transactions are being paid in US dollars.  They said they would do something to fix this but it was still not resolved.  I guess I can just try to call again and hope a different representative has another creative idea to fix the problem. 

Login to Me Too

kturkay

eg.

today...

ebay invoice fee $5.1,

I got $6 in my "paypal balance".

and transaction denied.

its dramaticomical you cant transfer/make purchasement your systems between ebay and paypal.

your system is not working as you think.

now you will post another automatic message  similir to

"if you have anoy trouble we will make you knowledged.please email us."

= D

and you wont help.just posting automatic unuseful messages.

Login to Me Too

gschamot
Contributor
Contributor

@kturkay I assume you're Turkish thats why I wanted to share my information. I am also from Turkey.

The answer I got from paypal specifically about Turkey is that I can only send money/buy things to/from Turkish paypal account holders.

They told me that "legally" it is not possible to use money in your account for the purchases you make from abroad.

So the only solution would be finding something useful to do with that money in Turkish borders. 😞

This might be the case for other countries too. And this definately is against what paypal promises "easy, fast payments". Why would I wanna use paypal in my own country where I have many bank accounts/credit cards which I can use without any fees?

I am not saying anything to paypal workers, I have experienced many times that they really are trying to help, and they're nice to customers. This is basically a "terms&conditions" problem and in a way "misleading advertising".

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.