How can I change the currency preference that I pay for items via Paypal.

Busted37
New Community Member

I recently bought some items from China that were listed in US Dollars, when I checked my bank statement I'd been charged £1.25 per item for a currency converter fee.  As the items were only £1.50 each I effectively paid double.  Can anyone help please.

Login to Me Too
85 REPLIES 85

cmlewan

Disgusting by PayPal. But thank you Ajvar.

Login to Me Too

Aliberm
New Community Member

UPDATED...
Settings > Payments > Manage pre-approved payments > Set available funding sources > Conversion options > Change to "bill me in the currency listed.."

Login to Me Too

anomondi
Contributor
Contributor

but conversation options menu does not appear in my paypal page. how can i appear it

Login to Me Too

anomondi
Contributor
Contributor

why conversation options does not appear in my paypal payment page

Login to Me Too

BrianDon
New Community Member

Hello,

But this is unacceptable! I shouldn't have to email PayPal to change the currency, I should be able to select which currency I want to be charged in. Just another way for PayPal to steal more money from their customers!!

Login to Me Too

afzalahmed
New Community Member

Im also facing this same issue and i have lost more than 100usd from my bank cross border charges etc..

may i know which email to send the mail. and from my dash board i couldnt find the "Other Conversion Options"

Login to Me Too

Lawcomleo
Contributor
Contributor

Please what is the direct email address because it seems PayPal is making a concerted effort to conceal their email address on their site.

Login to Me Too

Hogo

hey,

So I payed extra the $77,25 to Paypal because of this hidden currency conversion thing. 

And reported your message center. Hope you will payback?

And since vendors are paying for these transactions why you guys hide this currency convertion thing?

Should you warn us in everytime?

Paypal user. 

Login to Me Too

Eliascu
New Community Member
I always considered PayPal as the safest method of payment in the internet world, but forcing us to convert in local currency and bsvk is like scam...I will pay with my credit card without changing converting currencies .I have credit card in US $ and must pay in US$ ... No yo yo conversions😇
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.